Keto Pie Crust
Keto Pie Crust – just because your eating Keto doesn’t mean you can’t have pie! This Keto pie recipe is made from almond flour and coconut flour.
KETO PIE CRUST
Don’t worry. I haven’t forgotten about my Keto friends. You all deserve pie just like the next person. My husband made this pie crust 10 times at least this week just to get it right.
The secret to any good pie crust is using cold butter so that when it bakes you get those air pockets making it flaky. This is easiest in a food processor. Literally takes 5 minutes. You can also cut it in hand with a pastry cutter.
Roll it between two sheets of parchment. Keto crusts are stickier. then flip it and form it into a pie crust.
UNFILLED VS FILLED
If you’re baking your crust unfilled it’s very simple. If you are baking it filled with a filling that needs baked you’ll most likely have to bake it longer than 10-12 minutes. Low-carb grains such as almond flour and coconut flour can burn more easily even if covered by foil. The solution is to cover the crust with filling as much as you can so that it’s not exposed.
OTHER KETO RECIPES:
- Keto Biscuits
- Pizza Chaffle
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Baked Stuffed Avocado
- Proscuitto Egg and Sausage Cups
- Keto Meatballs
- Cinnamon Keto Pork Rinds
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie
- Lasagna in a Bowl
- Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Lava Cake
- Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
- Keto Seven Layer Dip
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cheesy Broccoli and Bacon Chicken
- Cloud Bread
- Keto Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Bacon Asparagus Frittata Recipe
- Keto Broccoli Salad
Keto Pie Crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons low-carb sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 7 tablespoons salted butter, cold and cubed, (if using unsalted add 1/4 teaspoon of salt)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, low-carb sweetener, and xanthum gum to a food processor and pulse to mix.
- Add the butter, egg, and vanilla to the food processor and pulse until it forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Roll out crust in between sheets of parchment paper to fit a 9-inch pie pan. Flip onto prepared pan. Prick with a fork.Note: dough can be frozen for 6 months.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. For an unfilled pie, bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. For a filled pie, bake as required for the filling making sure to cover the crust with the filling so it does not burn.