Lasagna In a Bowl (Low-Carb and Keto)
Lasagna In a Bowl is a low-carb Keto meal for one! Layers of ricotta, Parmesan, meat, and sauce. Eat over zucchini noodles or steamed broccoli for a healthy Italian meal in under 15 minutes! Prep the ingredients and have easy meals throughout the week.
LASAGNA IN A BOWL
My husband has been doing the Keto diet for over six months and this is one of his favorite go-to meals that we fix that is comfort food at it’s best.
If you’re familiar with Keto you know that net carbs is what you’re focused on. This whole meal has 5 carbs which is very good considering how good it tastes. My husband eats this over no carb shirataki noodles. I’m not a fan of those so I really like it over steamed broccoli or zucchini noodles.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE YOUR LASAGNA BOWL:
- Layer zucchini noodle or steamed broccoli on the bottom if desired. Top with browned beef.
2. Top with marinara sauce.
3. Mix together the ricotta, Parmesan, garlic powder, salt,and Italian seasonings.
4. Spread 1/4 cup of the mixture on top.
5. Top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Heat for one minute intervals in the microwave until nice and melty.
The nutritional information listed is for the following brands used. The info will change greatly depending on the brands you use. Always look on the back for the lowest carbs when choosing your brands.
- Ground Beef – Butcher Box
- Ricotta – Polly-O
- Pizza sauce – Rao’s
OTHER KETO RECIPES:
- Cinnamon Keto Pork Rinds
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Cloud Bread
- Keto Pizza Skillet
- Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce, (we like Rao's)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta, (Polly-O is a low-carb one we like)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- (optional) zucchini noodles or broccoli, (steamed or sauteed)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown the beef and drain it. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, Parmesan, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and salt.
- To assemble each bowl: In a microwave safe bowl, layer zucchini or broccoli (if desired), 1/4 of the beef, 1/4 cup marinara or pizza sauce, about 1/4 cup ricotta mixture, and 1/4 cup mozzarella.
- Heat in one minute intervals in the microwave until every thing is nice and bubbly. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan if desired.
- Ground Beef - Butcher Box
- Ricotta - Polly-O
- Pizza sauce - Rao's
This caught my eye a year ago and I saved it for the future as zoodles were something I really wanted to try.
Recently I started a low-carb diet and thought back to this. I use cottage cheese instead of ricotta and didn’t bother with the parmesan after the first time, but this is absolutely delicious. I already made it three times and added it to my rotation. The concept of vegetable noodles, meat, cheese and sauce in a bowl even inspired me to try different combinations with other ingredients. Love it!
I’m ready to start the keto diet
Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions let me know.
This was very good! I used chicken instead of ground beef but I didn’t change anything else and the flavor is definitely there. My husband and I both loved it-thank you!
Do you cook the zucchini / broccoli before assembling the recipe?
If you like your noodles extra soft you can give them a quick sautee.
I love this dish! After putting the ingredients into my carb manager app, it’s telling me this is more like 550 calories. Assuming 1/4 c lean ground beef (7%) fat, 1/4 c of ricotta, parm mixture 1/4 c marinara and 1/4 mozzarella. What are your measurements to have it be only 330 calories?
Yes, it depends on what brands you use! I use Butcher Box lean ground beef, Polly-o ricotta, kraft parm, Rao’s pizza sauce, and Kirkland mozzarella. Those brands yield those calories.
I agree with Beths numbers. I come up with 560 per serving. There’s almost 200 in the cheese components alone. Good dish. Better with fresh zucchini noodles sautéed in a bit of oil/butter. Cut the cheese in half, and you can save about 100 calories per serving.
Like I said it depends on the brands you use. I suggest you enter your brands and amounts into MyFitnessPal and use what works for you.
How much zucchini did you use in this recipe?
I used about 3/4 cup per serving.