Cheesy Broccoli Bacon Chicken
CHEESY BACON BROCCOLI CHICKEN
Do you ever get sick of making dinner knowing at least one person is going to complain? I do.
Here’s the thing. All my kids like broccoli. All my kids like cheese. And who doesn’t like bacon? Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
The first time I tried making this I thought baking the chicken in a cheese sauce would make it fabulous. The problem was that the cheese sauce will break down if heated too long which is why we wait until the end to add it.
It’s important to make sure your chicken is thin so that it cooks fast!
The cheese sauce is super simple: butter, cream, garlic, and shredded cheese. Pour it on anything!
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla Pie
- One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken in Basil Cream Sauce
- One-Pan Chicken Fajita Rice
- Chicken Parmesan Roll-Ups
- Chicken Pot Pie
Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, (1/2 teaspoon dried garlic powder can be substituted)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray and place chicken breasts on pan. Make sure they are thin or cut them so that they are thin. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is done and no longer pink.
- While chicken is cooking steam the broccoli in a steamer or in the microwave. You can throw it in a resealable bag (don't close all the way) with a couple tablespoons of water in the microwave for a few minutes or until your desired tenderness.
- While chicken is cooking make the cheese sauce. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Stir in the cream and the garlic and cook until warm. Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheese until melted. Add salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- Once chicken is done, sprinkle broccoli over chicken and pour cheese sauce over it. Sprinkle bacon on top and serve.