Keto Lava Cake
KETO LAVA CAKE
I was making batches of this Roy’s Chocolate Souffle and as soon as I was done I thought of my husband. My husband lives the Keto lifestyle and I knew that if I made just a few adjustments I could make it Keto!
You can sprinkle it with powdered Eyrthitol but it really doesn’t need it.
OTHER KETO RECIPES:
- Keto Egg Roll In a Bowl
- Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cloud Bread
- Bacon Asparagus Frittata Recipe
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Cinnamon Keto Pork Rinds
- Lasagna in a Bowl
- Egg Drop Soup
- 8 oz Lily's semi-sweet chocolate bar or chips, (you can also use milk chocolate or any other Keto friendly chocolate)
- 12 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup monkfruit (or other Erythritol), (see note)
- 4 whole eggs plus 4 egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Grease each soufflé ring or ramekin (3 inches in diameter x 2 inches tall) with butter and then dust with cocoa. You will need 4 to 6 ramekins depending on how big yours are.
- To make the soufflé batter, microwave chocolate and butter in the microwave in 30 second intervals stirring in between until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Add the erythritol into the chocolate/butter mixture and mix until combined. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Add eggs to chocolate mixture and mix at low speed until mixture is smooth and erythritol is dissolved. Chill in fridge until ready to be used. This can be kept in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- Fill each ring mold or ramekin with batter ¾ of the way full. Bake on top oven rack for 15-25 minutes; the time will depend on your oven and size of ramekins. You just want to make sure the tops are set but the middle is still gooey. Since every oven is different, it might be smart to test one. Remove baking sheet from oven. Use a knife to and run it around the edge then carefully invert and place on a serving dish. Sprinkle with powdered erythritol if desired. Serve immediately.
If you don't like the cooling effect of erythritol. We also liked using half erythritol (1/2 cup) and half Stevia (1/2 teaspoon is equal to 1/2 cup).
Another option is to bake them in a greased muffin tin with reduced cooking time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 640Total Fat: 63gUnsaturated Fat: 0gNet Carbohydrates: 8gProtein: 16g