Jello Pretzel Salad
Jello Pretzel Salad is a family favorite for bbqs and potlucks. A buttery pretzel crust topped with a cream cheese and jello layer. You can make this Jello Pretzel Salad with strawberries or raspberries. Either way, it’s delicious.
JELLO PRETZEL SALAD
Confession #1: John usually makes this. I have only made it myself a handful of times. For some reason simple things like making Jello are a challenge for me.
Confession #2: John and I finished half of this by ourselves last night.
Thanks to my old roomie Lisa for another winner. It sounds weird but the combination of the salty pretzels with the sweet Jello and cream cheese is so good!
OTHER SALAD RECIPES
- Grape Walnut Salad
- Frito Corn Salad
- Watermelon, Blueberry, and Feta Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Crunchy Pea Salad
- Caprese Steak Salad
Jello Pretzel Salad
Jello Pretzel Salad is a family favorite for bbqs and potlucks. A buttery pretzel crust topped with a cream cheese and jello layer. You can make this Jello Pretzel Salad with strawberries or raspberries. Either way, it's delicious.
- 2 cups pretzels (crushed fine)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 6 oz pkg strawberry jello
- 1 10 oz . pkg. frozen strawberries or small container (16 oz sliced fresh strawberries)
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cool whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combine pretzels, brown sugar, and melted butter and press into prepared pan for 10 minutes.
- Prepare jello according to directions and add the strawberries right before chilling. Refrigerate until partially set. *If it is not set enough it will leak through your cream cheese layer and make your pretzels soggy.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in cool whip. Spread over cooled crust make sure you spread completely to the edges to create a seal so your jello doesn't leak through. Pour jello over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate.
Source: Lisa Poulsen