Keto Lasagna has layers of beef, mozzarella, ricotta cheese, and for the “noodle” an egg white wrap. Satisfy your Italian cravings with this Keto meal!
EASY KETO LASAGNA RECIPE
Traditional lasagna is the the ultimate comfort food. There’s no reason you should be able to eat a cheesy lasagna on the Keto lifestyle.
We’ve had many keto lasagnas over the years. The hardest thing about the Keto diet is replacing the lasagna noodle with something that actually holds its shape in a low carb lasagna recipe.
LOW-CARB NOODLE REPLACEMENT
- Zucchini noodles as the lasagna noodle is good but tends to get watery and turn into a big mush.
- Fathead dough is another alternate in place of noodles but also turns into mush when looked.
- I’ve also made Keto lasagna noodles with lupin flour. They started off promising but also turned to big mess when cooked.
- The winner! Of all the things we’ve tried, an egg white wrap as the noodle provides a neutral flavored layer that holds its shape. Egglife wraps are the brand we used which is a little thicker than other brands I’ve seen but you can use any wrap.
- GROUND BEEF AND GROUND SAUSAGE – You can use sweet Italian sausage or a spicy one. The meat sauce is flavorful with two types of meats.
- LOW CARB MARINARA SAUCE – Tomato sauce can be loaded with sugar so make sure you use one that isn’t like Rao’s pasta sauce.
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- RICOTTA CHEESE – You could also use cottage cheese as a replacement.
- EGG – An egg binds the mixture.
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- ITALIAN SEASONINGS
- EGG WHITE WRAPS – In place of lasagna noodles these work great as lasagna sheets.
HOW TO MAKE KETO LASAGNA
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
For the beef mixture: In a large skillet, cook ground beef and sausage together with onion. Add the garlic for the last minute of cooking. Add marinara after the meat is fully cooked. Set aside.
For the Ricotta mixture: In a bowl stir together the ricotta, parmesan, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Begin layering in the 9×13 baking dish with 1/3 of the meat mixture on the bottom of the pan.
Next, lay 2 egg wraps on top of the meat. You can tear them or just layer them. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture on top of the egg wraps. Top with 1 cup of the mozzarella. Repeat the layers two more times.
Bake at 350 for 15 min or until cheese is bubbly and browning. Turn the heat up to broil for the last few minutes to help brown the cheese.
Serve with a simple salad and these Keto Biscuits.
OTHER LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Chorizo and Egg Skillet
- Pizza Chaffle
- Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Baked Stuffed Avocado
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Proscuitto Egg and Sausage Cups
- Keto Meatballs
- Cinnamon Keto Pork Rinds
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie
- Lasagna in a Bowl
- Keto Korean Short Ribs
- Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Lava Cake
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
- Keto Seven Layer Dip
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cheesy Broccoli and Bacon Chicken
- Cloud Bread
- Keto Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Bacon Asparagus Frittata Recipe
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low sugar marinara, (we like Rao's)
- 1 (15 oz) container whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package egg wraps, (we use egglife but any egg wrap will work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- For the beef mixture: In a large skillet, brown the beef and sausage together with onion. Add the garlic for the last minute of cooking. Drain any fat. Add marinara after the meat is fully cooked. Set aside.
- For the Ricotta mixture: In a bowl stir together the ricotta, parmesan, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Begin layering in the 9x13 baking dish with 1/3 of the meat mixture. Next, lay 2 egg wraps on top of the meat. You can tear them or just layer them. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture on top of the egg wraps. Top with 1 cup of the mozzarella. Repeat the layers two more times.
- Bake at 350 for 15 min or until cheese is bubbly and browning. Turn the heat up to broil for the last few minutes to help brown the cheese. Add more Parmesan to serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
We loved it! The egg wrap lasagna noodles were strange at first, but they grew on me. This recipe definitely goes into the rotation.
Can this be frozen for eating later?
Can this be made ahead of time ?
Love the dish, even downsized it. But kindly don’t drop a dish without nutrition info.
We’re all counting here.
It’s at the very bottom of the recipe card.
This looks fantastic! But do you have nutritional information for your recipes, like how many carbs per serving, etc.?
Yes, it’s at the bottom of the recipe card
Hi recipe looks and sounds delicious.
Next time if you have the macros it sure would be nice if you could include them.
For those of us on a very strict keto plan.
Looks yummy- spaghetti squash works also
How many calories and carbs are in this recipe?
Sorry it’s hard to see but at the bottom of the recipe card.
First off – you have an amazing range of recipes. In the Keto Lasagna recipe, how many egg whites are needed in a typically sized lasagna pan? Are they diluted when they are cooked to thin them out and get them to spread? It looked like you had pretty good sized squares of egg white and I was curious if there were any tricks. Thanks, keep cookin’ !
The egg whites are already like that. You can purchase them at the grocery store. The brand is Egglife.
Sorry for the confusion. I use egg wraps. You can use any brand but I used Egglife wraps.