Pico De Gallo
This is the best Pico De Gallo recipe and is made from fresh tomato, cilantro, onion, and jalapeno – makes the best salsa ever.
PICO DE GALLO
The best pico de gallo I have ever had was on our honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas.
That was almost 8 years ago. Now I would probably eat anything there without any trepidation. Maturity or stupidity…tough call.
This recipe can compete with the pico we ate on our honeymoon. It’s also what I use in my Cafe Rio recipes!
I’ve decided that if I had to eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be homemade chips and Pico de Gallo. A side of guac wouldn’t hurt either.
WHAT IS PICO DE GALLO?
Pico de Gallo is a fresh salsa made from tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime, and garlic.
HOW TO MAKE PICO DE GALLO
Dice tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic together. Add lime and salt and pepper.
- First, toss the diced tomatoes, red or white onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic together.
- Next, add the juice of a half a lime and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in the fridge. Serve with chips or on top of salad, burritos, tacos…you name it.
My friend’s son recently told me this was the best salsa he’s ever had. I’ll take that from a 10-year-old!
I started off naming this Pioneer Woman’s Pico De Gallo but have changed it a bit to fit my taste over the years.
If you like this Homemade Pico De Gallo, you’ll love these recipes:
Pico De Gallo
This is the best Pico De Gallo recipe and is made from fresh tomato, cilantro, onion, and jalapeno - makes the best salsa ever.
- 5 Roma tomatoes , seeded and diced finely (see Note)
- 1/2 large red onion , diced finely
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and chopped finely (use 1/2 a jalapeno if you don't want it as spicy)
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro , chopped finely (if your bunch is small use a whole bunch)
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 lime , juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
Toss the diced tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic together. Add the juice of a half a lime and add salt and pepper to taste. Store in the fridge. Serve with chips or on top of salad, burritos, tacos...you name it.
I really like using grape tomatoes because they don't get mushy like Roma tomatoes can be. Use about 2.5 to 3 cups of grape tomatoes!