Easy Crockpot Fiesta Chicken
This easy Crockpot Fiesta Chicken is an easy is an easy delicious Mexican meal with only 5 ingredients! Great for tacos, burritos, salads, or over rice. This meal is made with chicken breast, cream cheese, black beans, and corn that can be thrown in the slow cooker and forgotten about.
CROCKPOT FIESTA CHICKEN
Cinco De Mayo is around the corner and for those of you who want an awesome Mexican meal I really love my copycat Cafe Rio meal. I recently made it for Bunko and everyone asked for the recipe…but once I emailed them the recipe a lot of them said, “Whoa I had no idea this meal was so much work!”
I agree it is a lot of chopping and blending but it’s a meal that I have made so many times it’s second nature to me now.
So here is another meal for my friends who don’t like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and is still really good! This is filed under my Super Easy Recipes that I send to my friends just starting out cooking or newly married.
I realize it’s not a looker but the taste makes up for it. I literally timed myself and I had the whole meal ready to go in three minutes…and I was taking my time. You can even throw in the chicken frozen.
There are only five ingredients: chicken, corn, black beans, salsa, and cream cheese. I served this with leftover Cilantro Lime Rice but it’s great rolled up in a tortilla too.
Just this past Sunday my whole family was in the car waiting for me to go to church as I was throwing the last couple of ingredients in the crockpot for this meal. As I opened the jar of salsa it EXPLODED all over me.
It was in my hair, on my neck…and necklace, and all over my white blouse. I hurried and changed clothes, wiped my neck and tried to carefully wash it out of my hair without completely ruining my curled locks.
Satisfied with my quick clean up I jumped into the passenger side of the car and John took a whiff and said, “Umm…did you just eat chips and salsa?”
Great. I guess my clean up wasn’t good enough and we were already too far on our way to turn back. Nothing like having people wonder why they are craving Mexican food while sitting next to you in church. Awesome.
OTHER CROCKPOT CHICKEN RECIPES
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Crockpot Italian Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Crockpot Butter Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Mom’s White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Chicken
Easy Crockpot Fiesta Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce can) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce can) corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Take 4 frozen, yes, frozen (or thawed), boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot. Add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained. Keep in crock pot on low for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked. Once it is cooked, take it out and shred it. Return shredded chicken to the crockpot.
- Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour. It may look at little strange at this point. Don't worry. Stir in the cream cheese.
- Serve over rice or in warm flour tortillas.