Mexican Chicken that an easy recipe with great flavor can be made in 10 minutes flat. This easy chicken recipe can be used in salads, tacos, burritos, and enchiladas. This is low-carb and Keto friendly.
MEXICAN CHICKEN RECIPES
Here’s the truth. We’ve had Taco Tuesdays every Tuesday since the Lego Movie came out in 2014. If we don’t have it there’s a mutiny.
I can count on one hand how many times we’ve missed it. Not only do we have it every Tuesday, they want the simplest ground beef tacos. I try to squeeze in other Mexican dishes every once in a while to mix it up but they like it pretty basic.
So when my husband makes this chicken it’s a breath of fresh air. You can use it in everything!
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS – You can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- WHITE ONION – If you don’t have fresh onion on hand you can use onion powder.
- GARLIC – If you don’t have fresh minced garlic you can use garlic powder.
- RED ENCHILADA SAUCE
- CHILI POWDER – If you like extra heat you can use cayenne pepper.
HOW TO COOK THE CHICKEN
You can make this from leftover chicken but if you’re starting from the beginning here are a few ways to cook the chicken.
- Cook in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours with a little bit of chicken broth. For the instant pot, cook for 15-20 minutes on high pressure with some chicken broth.
- You can cook the chicken in a Dutch oven or cast iron skillet with some olive oil until the internal temperature is 165F.
For an Mexican food you have the classic toppings that take it to the next level. Here are my favorites:
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Homemade Guacamole
- Fresh Cilantro
- Green Chiles
- Chopped Bell Peppers
- Lime Juice
OTHER MEXICAN RECIPES
- Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Homemade Tortillas
- Salsa Verde Beef Tacos
- Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- Fajita Chicken Quesadillas
- One-Pan Mexican Rice and Black Beans
Mexican Chicken - easy savory chicken great for salads, tacos, enchiladas, or burritos.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft. Add garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken, enchilada sauce, cumin, and chili powder. Stir together and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Add salt to taste. Serve in tacos, burritos, salads, and enchiladas.