Cafe Rio’s Cilantro Lime Rice
CILANTRO LIME RICE
One of our favorite meals to make for company is our copycat Cafe Rio. We live thousands of miles away from the nearest Cafe Rio and so recreating it is as good as it gets.
I make it for Bunko, company, church functions…you name it!
Can you believe that rice used to be my biggest challenge? For the life of me, I could not cook rice without screwing it up. Now, I can make this rice with my eyes closed!
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO LIME RICE
- In a skillet melt butter with rice.
- Add the chicken broth and the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Can I freeze this? Yes, this freezes well. Just reheat in the oven at 350 degrees until warm. You may need to add some chicken broth to moisten it.
- Can I double this recipe? Double, triple, quadruple it. In fact, I almost always double it since it only makes about 4-6 servings.
- Can I make this ahead of time? Yes. Just make as directed and store in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or oven at 350 degrees.
OTHER MEXICAN RECIPES
- Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Caramel Apple Taquitos
- Pico De Gallo
- Easy Fried Ice cream
- Homemade Guacamole
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- pepper to taste
- 1 ¼ cup uncooked white rice
- juice and zest 1 large or 2 small limes
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- In a skillet melt butter with rice. Add the chicken broth and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
source: my mother-in-law Sheri Denney
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 5.9gUnsaturated Fat: 0gNet Carbohydrates: 46.2gProtein: 6.9g