This easy Lasagna Soup recipe is one of my favorite soups! Imagine a soup with beef, garlic, onion, and tomato sauce with tender lasagna noodles throughout. The ricotta cheese topping is what makes this soup taste exactly like lasagna. Stir it in for lasagna in a bowl! Healthy too. Only 322 calories per serving…
LASAGNA SOUP RECIPE
It’s not that often that I get really excited to share soup (except this one).
Of course the chocolate and peanut butter desserts always get all of the attention and if I could feed my family on those desserts alone I would.
But apparently that’s frowned upon so I’m always searching for dinner ideas.
I’ve made this easy soup three times to get it just right. I’m telling you my kids licked their bowls. Even my 2-year-old. The whole family loves it.
The base of this delicious lasagna soup is made from tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce in a large pot. You could use crushed tomatoes if that’s what you have.
The coolest part about this lasagna soup is that you boil it all in one pot! I’m all about making your life easier.
Take regular lasagna noodles and break them into pieces. You want to break it into smaller pieces, about 1-1.5 inch pieces and toss them in the soup pot.
Remember they will expand when you cook them. To be honest, you could use any type of pasta.
Then dump them in and cook over medium heat.
Ten minutes later, it’s time to eat.
But you must top it with this ricotta/Parmesan mixture. It’s the lasagna in this Lasagna Soup.
Y’all. Pictures don’t do this bowl of soup justice. It’s sooooo good with rich tomato broth and tender noodles. It’s like traditional lasagna but in soup form.
Top with fresh parsley or basil. Serve with garlic bread.
OTHER SOUP RECIPES:
- Easy Tomato Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Egg Drop Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef, (Italian sausage can be used)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups (32 ounces) low sodium beef broth (chicken broth can be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into 1 1/2 inch pieces (about 6-8 ounces; see Note)
- 8 ounces 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large Dutch oven or saucepan, brown beef and onion over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 30-60 seconds. Drain.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, and Italian seasonings. Bring mixture to a boil and stir in lasagna pieces. Reduce heat slightly and cook for about 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the Cheese Topping: In a small bowl, mixture together the ricotta, Parmesan, and salt.
- To serve, spoon soup in a bowl and top with a dollop of the cheese mixture. Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh basil if desired. To eat, stir in cheese mixtures and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Also, if you are making ahead of time it would be a good idea to boil the lasagna noodles separately and then add them before eating. The lasagna noodles really soak up the liquid if they sit in the soup for a while. You can add some beef broth if you need to thin it out.