Baked Eggs that are breakfast made with simple ingredients. Eggs, cottage cheese, and Pepperjack cheese which gives them a little kick. Everyone asks for this casserole recipe when I make this delicious breakfast. . This is a great side to this a classic French Toast, Blueberry Croissant Puff, these French Toast Roll-Ups, or this Bananas Foster French Toast.
BAKED EGGS RECIPE
(originally posted 2018)
We just got back from our cruise and I’m feeling the jiggle if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, the food was just meh. Not the worst food I’ve ever eaten but not the best either.
When your cooking for 8,000 people I know I can’t expect it to be top notch but I think they error on the side of bland to accommodate more palettes.
We ate more eggs on our cruise than anything else because how can you screw up a fresh omelette or fried eggs? They had the fake scrambled egg thingy at the buffet which wasn’t doing it for any of us at our morning breakfasts.
OVEN BAKED EGGS
No joke we eat so many eggs at our house. Boiled Eggs, Deviled, Egg Omelets, Eggs in Cookies…what???? (that totally counts)
When I have company over I don’t like slaving over a skillet as people trickle downstairs. These Cheesy Baked Eggs are the perfect breakfast recipe or weekend brunch dish.
WHAT ARE BAKED EGGS
The ingredients in the egg mixture are simple: Eggs, cottage cheese, a little flour, salt, and Pepperjack Cheese. The cottage cheese completely disappears in these baked eggs. Trust me! Because I’m not a cottage cheese fan when it’s plain.
The great thing about these is that you can totally half it in an 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan.
EGG BAKE RECIPE
The first time I made this simple baked eggs recipe my husband ate them for lunch and dinner. Me like protein.
One time I left the pan of these eggs cooling on the counter when we were headed out for a date. My babysitter texted me, “What is that in the pan on the counter?”
“Why? Did you have some?” “You totally can have some, ” I said.
“Oh yes,” she said. “It was delicious. Can I get the recipe? My boys would love it.”
HOW TO MAKE BAKED EGGS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and brush a 9×13 baking pan with melted butter.
Whisk together the eggs, pepperjack cheese (or any other cheese you like), cottage cheese, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are completely set about 50-60 minutes. Start checking it around 45 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, onions, fresh herbs or Parmesan cheese.
- Add a chopped cherry tomato or sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add a handful of spinach.
- Finish it with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- Spice it up with red pepper flakes.
- Add some bacon bits on top.
BAKED RECIPES WITH EGGS
- Confetti Bacon and Hash Brown Casserole
- Martha’s Breakfast Casserole
- Overnight Ham and Cheese Enchiladas
- Cheesy Overnight Bacon and Egg Casserole
- Bacon, Asparagus Frittata
OTHER EGG RECIPES
- Horseradish Deviled Eggs
- Bacon, Egg, and Breakfast Potatoes
- How to Boil an Egg
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Keto Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Deviled Egg Salad
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb (16 ounces) shredded Pepperjack cheese, (other types of shredded cheese can be used like cheddar cheese)
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and brush a 9x13 baking pan with the melted butter.
- Whisk together the eggs, pepperjack cheese, cottage cheese, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are completely set about 50-60 minutes. Start checking it around 45 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, or onions if desired.