Beef Enchilada Dip
This Beef Enchilada Dip recipe is so easy and feeds a crowd! It may be simple but with ingredients like beef, onions, enchilada sauce, and a whole lot of cheese, it’s packed with flavor.
ENCHILADA BEEF DIP
My motto for the New Year is K.I.S.S.
If you don’t know what K.I.S.S.stands for it means Keep It Simple Stupid.
When I start getting ideas for recipes sometimes I get carried away and try to add anything I can in sight. What I’ve learned over the years is that more isn’t always more.
Too many ingredients can sometimes compete with each other rather than letting the flavors of the dish shine.
When I was brainstorming the ingredients for this dip I asked my husband what he thought classic beef enchiladas should have in them.
He said, “Beef, onions, cheese, enchilada sauce, and tortillas.”
So that’s exactly what I did. Start off my browning some beef and onion with a little garlic (because everything needs garlic in it).
Next, pour some Old El Paso enchilada sauce in and bring it to a bubble.
Cheese…good enchiladas have plenty of cheese!
You can’t forget your tortilla or in this case your tortilla chip!
Now if you want to get fancy you can add a big dollop of sour cream and olives in the middle and sprinkle it with chopped cilantro. The best part is that this feeds a crowd!
OTHER DIP RECIPES:
- Chili’s Queso Dip
- Beef Enchilada Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Easy Feta Dip
- Hot BLT Dip
- Best Bean Dip
- Cowboy Caviar
- Black and White Bean Dip
- Chip n’ Dips
- 7-Layer Mediterranean Dip
Beef Enchilada Dip
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, , diced finely (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 2 (10 oz) cans Old El Paso red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- (optional) chopped cilantro, sour cream, or olives for garnish
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- In a large skillet (12-inch), brown the beef and onion. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute. Drain the meat.
- Add the enchilada sauce to the meat and stir until combined. Bring mixture up to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the mixture. Reduce heat to low. Cover and let the cheese melt.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.