Spinach and Feta Pita Pizza
These Spinach and Feta Pita Pizzas are a great appetizer or even filling enough for a meal. Only 250-300 calories per pizza so you don’t have to feel guilty about anything in this healthy recipe.
SPINACH AND FETA PITA PIZZA
I know it’s been a while. With the New Year comes new resolutions and ALL of the healthy eating which isn’t exactly what shows up a lot on this blog.
So I took a couple weeks off as to not tempt you too soon. I think you have to know your strengths and mine are football food and super indulgent desserts.
In my defense, the healthy recipes that I DO have on this blog are the bomb! I mean do you really trust someone who eats kale chips all day when they say they have a healthy recipe that tastes amazing?
Or do you trust someone who pops cookies like popcorn and ate this entire peanut butter cheese ball by herself when she says she has a healthy recipe that tastes like you’re not eating healthy?!! I know, right? Believe it.
So trust me when I say this Spinach and Feta Pita Pizza was a flavor explosion in my mouth.
The slightly crispy pita with fresh veggies topped with a bite of Parmesan and feta is great as an appetizer or just as an entree for a light meal.
In other news, one of my New Year’s resolutions is to take less pictures of food and more pictures of my kids. I know that doesn’t bode well for you all but with the 30,000 pictures (no exaggeration) of food on my computer I figure at least 1,000 of them should be of people.
Another resolution on my list is to run a half marathon. My son is training for one so I am supporting him in that. I love to run but I swore after my full marathon I would never run another race…yet here we are.
Here you go. The healthy recipe you asked for. But I can’t promise this will last for long. Okay…I guarantee this is not The Girl Who Didn’t Eat Everything. I’ll be back.
OTHER HEALTHY RECIPES:
- Spinach Quinoa Salad
- Crunchy Pea Salad
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
- Avocado Cucumber Salad
Spinach and Feta Pita Pizza
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sun-dried tomato pesto (see Note)
- 6 (6 inch) whole wheat pita breads
- 2 roma, (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, , chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, , sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread tomato pesto onto one side of each pita bread and place them pesto-side up on a baking sheet. Top pitas with tomatoes, spinach (spinach wilts down a lot so don't be afraid to put a lot on), mushrooms, feta cheese, and Parmesan cheese; drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pita breads are crisp, about 12 minutes. Cut pitas into quarters and serve warm.
These sound amazing but I’m not a sun dried tomato fan. Any suggestions for a substitute sauce?
Just plain marinara would be fine
Delicious! The whole family loved them!
Ooh that makes me happy!
Its even better with green peppers. This is one of my favorite recipes. Thank you for sharing it!!
I made these yesterday and they were delicious! I left out the mushrooms and added chopped onion. I will definitely be making these again!
Yesss! Made this tonight for me and my man and it was delicious!
So glad you guys liked it.
This pizza looks amazing! I need it in my life right now!
We loved it!