Easy Feta Dip
Easy Feta Dip – a simple crowd pleasing Greek appetizer that can be prepared in minutes with tomatoes, onions, and little extra virgin olive oil. Greek inspired and so easy! This is best served with toasted and sliced baguettes. Great for potlucks!
EAST FETA DIP
Fresh feta, tomatoes, green onions, and some Greek seasoning wrapped up in a warm baguette makes this simple appetizer crave worthy.
This is a great last second dip!
HOW TO MAKE FETA DIP
First, start with a large platter or shallow bowl and a cover it with a thin layer of extra-virgin olive oil. Next, dice up some tomatoes and slice some green onions.
Kitchen scissors work great for slicing green onions…the only way to go. The fresh veggies taste so good!
Add some crumbled feta on top. I like to use a block of feta cheese then crumble it because it’s less dry. Athenos is a good brand.
Add some Greek seasoning for flavor here. Cavender’s is what I used – about 2-3 teaspoons.
Finally, mix it all together and you’re done. Serve this Easy Feta Dip with warm sliced and toasted baguette, crackers, or pita bread. This is a must!
If you want to add cucumber, it adds a great crunch!
Just dice up an English cucumber and mix it in.
OTHER APPETIZER RECIPES:
- Mediterranean 7-Layer Dip
- Cowboy Caviar Dip
- Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- Greek Salsa
- BLT Dip
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
- about 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4-5 green onions, sliced thinly, (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (see Note)
- 2-3 teaspoons Cavender's Greek seasoning, (start with 2 and add more to taste)
- fresh baguette, sliced thinly
- (optional) 1 diced English cucumber
- (optional) balsamic vinegar
- On a large platter drizzle olive oil until you have a thin layer on the entire platter. You may use more or less here depending on your preference.
- Add the tomatoes, green onions, and feta on top of the olive oil. Sprinkle with the Greek seasoning, starting with 2 teaspoons and add more to taste.
- With a spoon carefully combine the ingredients. If using a cucumber, stir it in. If desired, drizzle a little balsamic on top.
- Serve with warm sliced baguettes for scooping up the dip or pita chips. Best served the same day.