This Easy Taco Bake is a pasta dish that tastes just like a taco! It can easily be made ahead of time and freezes great. People always assume that I’m this fantastic gourmet chef and always have been. The truth is that I was a horrible cook. Eating, yes, I have always been good at that. But the actual cooking – not so much. It’s like people assuming that just because you have a lot of kids you’re a wonderful parent. That, is also not true unfortunately. But with practice comes experience and just like knowing when your butter is browned and not burnt, you also learn to predict the triggers of a 2-year-old’s tantrums.
I appreciate this Easy Taco Bake for it’s simplicity and down home tastiness. My kids loved this Taco Pasta so I knew this version would go over well. A lot of meals can be overly fussy and complicated and this one will be a family staple I promise. It freezes great too!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15-oz. can tomato sauce (you can sub spaghetti sauce if you like)
- 1-1/4 oz. package taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 8-oz. container sour cream
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 13"x9" baking dish.
- Brown beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Combine cooked macaroni, sour cream and ½ cup cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Add the beef mixture to the macaroni mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon macaroni mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped green onions for garnish.
Source: Renae Scheiderer from Gooseberry Patch