Taco Grilled Cheese
This Taco Grilled Cheese is a great twist on Taco Tuesday! Seasoned taco meat with lots of cheese in between two pieces of sourdough bread.
TACO GRILLED CHEESE
My husband is basically busy for the entire month of August for work so I find myself not very motivated to make much for dinner for just the kids and I. This is usually when dinnertime gets creative and that’s where these Taco Grilled Cheese originated.
We cannot go a Tuesday without have Taco Tuesday but what do you do when you’re out of tortillas? We improvise. I’ll tell you, buttered bread with taco meat inside may be my new favorite.
Brown your beef and add Old El Paso taco seasoning.
I like to use a sturdier bread like sourdough that can hold up to taco meat. Butter the outside of each piece. Pile on your taco meat and cheese and brown on both sides until the cheese is nice and melty.
Then of course you must top it with guac, sour cream, tomatoes, and onions. Please promise me.
My husband actually got home in time for these and although he didn’t actually say anything (his mouth was stuffed), I heard grunts of happiness.
Yeah, it’s that good.
OTHER TACO RECIPES
- Taco Party Bread
- Taco Pizza Rolls
- Taco Pizza
- Taco Lasagna
- East Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- Taco Grilled Cheese
Taco Grilled Cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) package Old El Paso seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 slices of sourdough bread
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, green onions
- In a large skillet, brown the beef until no longer pink. Drain. Add the taco seasoning and water and cook until water reduces and liquid is almost gone.
- Heat a clean skillet to medium heat. Butter the outside of each slice of bread with about 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- Place the bread, buttered side down in the heated skillet. Quickly top with the beef and about 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Top with the other piece of bread with the buttered side up.
- Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Slice in half and top with desired toppings.