Homemade Reese’s Bars
Homemade Reese’s Bars made with peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and chocolate. It’s really dangerous knowing you can make these at home. In under 5 minutes! One of my favorite desserts EVER and such an easy recipe.
HOMEMADE REESE’S BARS
(originally posted 2009)
Being pregnant chocolate and I have a love/hate relationship right now. I love to eat it but I hate the heartburn that inevitably follows. The solution…chase it with some TUMS.
These suckers taste just like the peanut butter cups that I love. Whenever we buy a variety bag of chocolate, the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are always the first to go. Coveted by all our children, they never last long. When I made these Homemade Reese’s Bars for family night last week they about had a heart attack.
All you need are five ingredients to make this dessert and about ten minutes to assemble.
- graham crackers
- peanut butter
- powdered sugar
- semisweet or milk chocolate chips
The crust is made from graham cracker crumbs, butter, and powdered sugar.
The top is made with melted chocolate and peanut butter. You may have to lick the spatula. Just sayin’.
Chill them or leave them at room temperature for a softer version which also makes them easier to cut. You can’t mess these up, I promise.
CAN I USE MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS?
Yes. I prefer semisweet chocolate chips but milk chocolate works well here too!
OTHER PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ritz Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Culter’s Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Crackers
Homemade Reese's Bars
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave, stirring occasionally. Spread melted chocolate over the crumb crust. Chill for one hour and then cut into squares.