Mexican Cheese Ball
This Mexican Cheese Ball is an easy creamy Mexican flavored ball that can be eaten with chips or sliced veggies. If you’re looking for a holiday appetizer this is one you can make ahead of time and you can serve it with green and red bell peppers for holiday flair.
The holidays are here and that means lots of parties and lots of food. If you’re asked to bring an appetizer, this Mexican Cheese Ball is perfect. All you do is throw all of your ingredients in a food processor and blend away.
We need to chill the mixture so line a bowl with plastic wrap for less mess. Wrap your ball with plastic wrap and form a ball. Chill this mixture for at least an hour, longer is better. Roll your ball in some crushed tortilla chips and you’re done!
Serve with tortilla chips and red and green bell pepper strips for some added holiday color. The best way to prepare this is with a food processor. You want to make sure that everything is chopped finely.
Mexican Cheese Ball
This Mexican Cheese Ball is an easy creamy Mexican flavored ball that can be eaten with chips or sliced veggies. If you're looking for a holiday appetizer this is one you can make ahead of time and you can serve it with green and red bell peppers for holiday flair.
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (4-oz) can of Old El Paso diced green chiles, drained
- 1 (1-oz) package Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (about 2 green onions)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips (about 3 cups whole)
- Tortillas chips and sliced red and green bell pepper for serving
- In a food processor, add the cream cheese, shredded cheese, diced green chilies, taco seasoning, green onions, and lime juice. Pulse well until ingredients are completely combined.
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap. Spoon the mixture on top of the plastic wrap and wrap completely forming a ball.
- Chill in the fridge (or the freezer for faster chilling) for at least an hour until ball is firm.
- In a food processor, crush chips until fine.
- Unroll ball from plastic wrap and roll in the crushed chips. Cut slices with a knife and serve with chips and bell peppers.
This can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer.
For an extra holiday flair, add about ¼ cup of cilantro to the chips and pulse it together until fine.