Easy Beef Burrito Skillet
This Easy Beef Burrito Skillet has beef, black beans, salsa, and tortillas all cooked in one skillet. The tortillas turn soft and almost like a dumpling. This tasty Mexican one-pan dish is done in less than 20 minutes and dishes are done in less than one!
EASY BEEF BURRITO SKILLET
Are you guys a fan of chicken and dumplings? Well, think of this as the Mexican version of that. This Easy Beef Burrito Skillet has all of your burrito fixings tossed together in one pan!
You know I love one-pan meals like this One-Pan Chicken Fajita Rice!
Start with taco seasoned meat and add your black beans, salsa, and some water. Make sure you use a salsa you love and if you’re making it for kids use a mild one.
Cut your 6-inch tortillas into 1-inch slices. Use a pizza cutter and you can even stack them up and do it in one step.
Stir the tortilla strips into the mixture. This is where the magic happens.
The tortillas soften and turn into wonderful dumpling like bites.
You’re almost done.
Sprinkle with cheese and let it melt.
Top with a good dollop of sour cream in the center and with green onions. Add some pico de gallo if you want.
When you serve it you can scoop a little sour cream from the center with each portion.
OTHER MEXICAN RECIPES:
- One-Pan Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Homemade Tortillas
- One-Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Pico De Gallo
- One Dish Chicken, Black Beans, and Rice
- One-Pan Spicy Mexican Rice Skillet
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) package Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (6 inch) Old El Paso flour tortillas, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, brown beef until no longer pink. Drain. Add taco seasoning, water, salsa, and beans. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the tortilla strips and then top with cheese. Remove skillet from heat and let cheese melt.
- Top with sour cream in the center and sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately.
Use a mild salsa if you're making it for kids.
You can stack your tortillas and use a pizza cutter to slice them all in one easy step.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This post was sponsored by Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are my own.