Guacamole Tossed Salad
I’m always looking for an easy salad to serve with my Mexican dishes and this Guacamole Tossed Salad is perfect!
Honestly, you will lick the bowl when you make this Guacamole Tossed Salad. We did!
GUACAMOLE TOSSED SALAD
Recently I noticed the term “Empath” floating around Facebook and other places. When I read it I felt like someone was personally describing me, exactly me. Almost scary of how accurate it was. I thought to myself “I finally found a term (Empath) that encompasses my life.”
Do you guys know what that means? Basically an Empath is someone who takes the energies and feelings of those around them and take them on as their own. “If someone we are close to is ill, depressed, or agitated, we display those same symptoms. We are so connected to what you are going through, that we go through it with you.” – (15 Things You’ll Notice When You’re In the Presence of An Empath)
- I had chest pains – actually thought I was having a heart attack, when one my family member was waiting for a heart transplant. That’s just one example but it happens often in other scenarios.
- They’re easy distracted (me) because they have heightened senses. I’ve always told my husband I have super senses. I can smell something a block away, I can hear someone whisper across the room, I notice body language of everyone around me, and sense the tone of not necessarily of what’s being said but what’s NOT being said out loud.
- They’re very sensitive to violence on TV and in movies.
I feel like this article described it well if you care to read more about them…errhhh me.
This Guacamole Tossed Salad is basically guacamole on top of some greens. I was interviewed recently and asked if I had to eat one thing for the rest of my life, what would it be? My answer? Guac and chips.
It could be because my mom spoon fed me avocado when I was a baby. There’s no surprise that this salad basically called my name. Guacamole with a nice guac to lettuce ratio.
The zing of the vinaigrette, the salty bite of the bacon, and the fresh contrast of the lettuce. Ya’ll. It’s perfection.
You know how you never know what to serve with burritos or enchiladas? This salad is it! My go-to.
If you love this Guacamole Tossed Salad, you’ll love these recipes:
Guacamole Tossed Salad
- 2 medium tomatoes , seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion , sliced
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 large ripe avocados , peeled and cubed
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 6 bacon strips , cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes and onion; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour over tomato mixture; toss gently. Add avocados.
- Place greens in a large salad bowl; add avocado mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.