I have been on the hunt for a light summer dessert and this was perfect. It’s a looker but also tastes fantastic.
The glaze on top is what makes this look amazing and sets it apart from other fruit pizza recipes.
- 1 18 ounce package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 7 ounce container marshmallow creme fluff
- Your favorite fruit to top it: I like using strawberries blueberries, and kiwis.
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press dough flat into pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, soften cream cheese, beat until fluffy, then fold in marshmallow creme. Spread over cooled crust. You can chill for a while at this point, or continue by arranging the fruit.
- Begin with sliced strawberries. Arrange in a circle around the outside edge. Continue with fruit of your choice, working towards the middle. Then make the sauce to spoon over fruit.
- For the glaze: In a saucepan, combine sugar, salt, corn starch, orange juice, lemon juice and water. Cook and stir over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, and add grated orange rind. Allow to cool, but not set up. Spoon over fruit. Chill for two hours, then cut into wedges and serve.
Source: adapted from Allrecipes