Apple Crisp Pizza
APPLE CRISP PIZZA
My husband’s favorite dessert is a warm apple crisp with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream. A couple of year ago we crowned this the Perfect Apple Crisp recipe at least according to my husband’s standards.
But I think his favorite apple crisp has some competition from this Apple Crisp Pizza. If you throw a flaky pie crust into any equation, it’s gotta be good.
And it was.Thank goodness because this dessert redeemed me from an awful disaster of a dinner. Don’t ask.
OTHER APPLE RECIPES:
- Apple Crisp Cheese Danish
- Apple Muffins
- Salted Caramel Apple Cups
- The Perfect Apple Crisp
- Apple Cobbler
- Apple Pie Caramel Apple
- Mini Caramel Apple Cheesecakes
Apple Crisp Pizza
This Apple Crisp Pizza recipe is a little slice of heaven. Cinnamon sugared apples piled on top of a flaky pie crust and drizzled with caramel sauce, this Apple Crisp Pizza is so good!
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 4 medium apples (like Gala, Fiji, Braeburn, Empire peeled and diced into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened (see Note)
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll pastry to fit a 12 inch pizza pan; fold under edges to give the pizza a bit of a raised crust. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add peeled, diced apples and toss. Arrange the apples in a single layer over the pie crust to completely cover it. I didn't use all of my apples because I had really big apples.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl. Mix well. I like to use my clean hands to get in there and mush it together until it's the texture of wet sand. Sprinkle topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Cut into pizza slices and serve warm with ice cream. Makes 12 servings.
Note: I like to use salted butter because it cuts the sweetness of the pizza. If you don't use salted butter sprinkle some salt on top of the crisp. Trust me. It brings out the flavors.
Source: Life as a Lofthouse