Chick Food – Oriental Chicken Salad
John dubbed this as “Chick Food” because girls can eat it and call it a meal but for guys it’s just an appetizer or a “tease” as he says. Remember he is 6′ 6″, 260 lbs. It takes a lot to get his cakes full. This is always a hit at “chick” events like baby and bridal showers.
Oriental Chicken Salad
John dubbed this as "Chick Food" because girls can eat it and call it a meal but for guys it's just an appetizer or a "tease" as he says.
- 1 head of cabbage shredded
- 2 packages Top Ramen noodles crushed, raw
- Diced chicken
- green onion chopped
- 4 Tablespoons toasted almonds I always use more
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 packages Ramen flavoring
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- Toss in dressing right before serving so it doesn't get soggy. *Make sure you add salt and pepper to the dressing. I forgot last time I made it and it really makes the salad. Also, cabbage shreds into a ton so you made not need it all. If you use it all you may not have enough dressing.
Source: Lisa Poulson