Ramen Noodle Salad
This Ramen Noodle Salad is a crunchy salad filled with rotisserie chicken, green cabbage, almonds, sesame seeds, crunchy Ramen noodles, and green onions. The salad dressing is made from soy sauce and white vinegar with a little sesame oil making it a sweet and tangy dressing.
ASIAN CHICKEN SALAD
This crunchy Ramen noodle salad is the salad I had at my bridal shower. Ever since then it has held a special place in my taste buds. This makes a lot so it’s one of the best salads for a crowd.
- BUTTER – the crunchy ingredients are cooked in a little butter to get them a light golden brown color.
- RAMEN NOODLES – The packet has crunchy noodles broken into smaller pieces that we use. The uncooked ramen noodles give the salad great crunch and the toasted noodles give it a nutty flavor.
- SESAME SEEDS – add some flavor.
- CABBAGE – there are different types of cabbage but I like to use green cabbage. You can add red cabbage for color if you want. You could even use a coleslaw mix in a pinch.
- SLIVERED ALMONDS
- GREEN ONIONS – These add onion flavor without being too overpowering.
- OIL – I like to use a neutral flavored oil like vegetable oil or canola. Olive oil can be used too.
- WHITE VINEGAR – you could use apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar as some good options as a substitute.
- SOY SAUCE
- FLAVOR PACKET – the packet in the Ramen gives it great flavor but you can discard it.
- SESAME OIL – this gives the dressing a nutty flavor.
- SUGAR – makes this a sweet dressing to balance out the tang of the vinegar.
CAN I HALF THIS?
Yes. It’s easily halved.
- Broccoli Salad
- Spinach Quinoa Salad
- Edamame Quinoa Salad
- Crunchy Pea Salad
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
- Frito Corn Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Pizza Pasta Salad
Ramen Noodle Salad
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken Top Ramen noodles, crushed, raw (save flavor packets for dressing if desired)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded (about 10 cups)
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup oil, (vegetable, canola, or olive)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 chicken flavored packets from Ramen, (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, (more to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the ramen noodles, slivered almonds, and sesame seeds. Cook for a few minutes until everything is toasted.
- In a large bowl, add the cabbage, chicken, green onions, and toasted ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, flavor packets (if using), soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Toss half of the dressing in right before serving so it doesn't get soggy. Add more as desired. Add salt and black pepper to taste.