Black Cat S’mores Cheeseball
Crystal from Dangerously Delicious is sharing this Black Cat S’mores Ball!
Bring the not-so-scary spirit of Halloween to your next costume party by dressing up this S’mores Cheeseball as a black cat! Include a few kittens and your guests will be smitten. This classic Fall dessert will have your guests gathered round the table instead of a fire, still enjoying the same delicious taste, but in a much cuter form!
Since I’ve become a mother, Halloween has become one of my favorite holidays. As a child, I can’t remember ever really being that into it. Throughout the past few years, as our family has grown exponentially, coming up with a theme to dress up as has gotten the whole family excited about going out and trick-r-treating together. I can’t predict how much longer that excitement is going to last as my oldest child just turned 10, but I’m hopeful. We have dressed up as characters from The Wizard of Oz, Peter Pan, The Incredibles, been an Indian tribe and now, this year, we are going to be… (drum roll please) The Five Little Monkey’s including bed and all!! My husband is going to put together a bed on wheels, we’ll have 5 little monkeys with heads wrapped in bandages, arms in slings and carrying crutches. My husband will be dressed in doctor scrubs and I’ll be pretending to call him on the telephone as their mama. We’ve got monkey masks, banana dresses and skirts too. In my head it’s gonna be awesome!! Fingers crossed it all works out as planned!!
I love the way this s’mores cheeseball turned out! I would usually cringe at the thought of having a cat on the table, but these little guys are welcome to stay! The recipe is super delicious and fluffy. Use graham crackers to dip and you’ll feel like you’re holding the real deal. Dressing up the cheeseball is easy too! You’ll need mint Oreos, green M&Ms and an edible marker for the eyes, Lindt chocolate squares for the ears and nose, chocolate sprinkles and pumpkin sprinkles for the kitten nose. You can find all of this at your local grocery and craft store.
For other Halloween and Fall inspired recipes check out my Pumpkin Pie Cheeseball, Caramel Apple Spice Cake, Dulce De Leche Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies, Apple Pie Dip, Pumpkin Cookie Cutter Cake and Halloween Pistachio Pudding Cups
Black Cat S'mores Cheeseball
Bring the not-so-scary spirit of Halloween to your next costume party by dressing up this S'mores Cheeseball as a black cat! Include a few kittens and your guests will be smitten.
- 16 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1 (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding dry mix
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Mint Oreo Thins
- green M&Ms
- Lindt dark chocolate squares , cut diagonally
- black edible marker
- pumpkin sprinkles
- 1 (10.5 oz) tub chocolate sprinkles
- marshmallow fluff (for sticking eyes and nose onto face)
- graham crackers
- With electric mixer, combine softened cream cheese, dry pudding mix and powdered sugar together. Fold in marshmallows.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, remove smaller scoops from mixture to create kittens.
- Lay plastic wrap in X shape and pour larger mixture into middle. Bring up all 4 sides of plastic wrap and twist and tie the top forming a ball. Place in rounded cereal bowl to provide additional shape. Do the same for the smaller balls and place in empty egg carton if you can to give shape.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight is better. You can also place in freezer for 2 hours if in a hurry.
- Remove plastic wrap and pat sprinkles onto large and small cheeseballs. Place on a serving plate and decorate faces.
- Using edible marker, draw eyes onto M&Ms and cream filling of Oreo. (The Oreo Thin is much lighter and therefore holds better with marshmallow fluff)
- Cut Lindt chocolate squares diagonally using the textured angles for large ears. Using the leftover smooth angles, cut smaller pieces to make kitten ears. Cut rectangle for large nose and then trim 2 corners to make a point.
- For the kitten's nose, place pumpkin sprinkle upside down.
- Use marshmallow fluff to stick all your facial features onto your cats. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve with graham crackers for scooping.