Creamy Caramel Apple Taquitos
These Creamy Caramel Apple Taquitos are filled with cinnamon apples, caramel, and cream cheese, rolled in cinnamon sugar and drizzled with caramel. If you’re looking for a Mexican dessert, these are perfect!
CREAMY CARAMEL APPLE TAQUITOS
Taquitos are one my favorite Mexican dishes to eat as you well know because these taquitos are my favorite. Have you ever tried sweet taquitos?
FLAUTAS VS TAQUITOS
First, I guess technically because these are made with flour tortillas that these should be called flautas and not taquitos.
Taquitos are generally made with corn tortillas but this is what my family has always called this version so I’m sticking with that.
Growing up one of our favorite snacks was buttered tortillas covered with cinnamon sugar. Let’s just say I took that idea and “rolled” with it.
Just imagine cream cheese, caramel, and cinnamon apples all rolled up in a tortilla that has been brushed with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
Fill your tortilla with the cream cheese/caramel mixture and topped with cinnamon apples.
Brush them with a little butter and then roll them in cinnamon sugar.The key to getting them nice and crispy without frying is to bake them at a high temperature. Watch out! It’s really hard to wait for these babies to cool down before taking a bite.
Although they don’t need more caramel, I couldn’t resist dipping them in a little extra caramel.
OTHER APPLE RECIPES
- Apple Pie Caramel Apple
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Apple Muffins
- Apple Crumble
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Apple Dumplings
- Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Apple Crisp Pizza
- Apple Mixture:
- 2 apples, , peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, , room temperature
- 1/4 cup caramel syrup, (more for dipping later)
- 1 package Old El Paso flour tortillas for soft tacos and fajitas, (6-inch, 10 count)
- 2 tablespoons butter, , melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, add the apples, butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until apples are soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese and caramel syrup together until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom 1/3 of each tortilla and top with a spoonful of the apple mixture. Roll up tightly.
- On a plate combine the sugar and cinnamon. Brush each tortilla well with the butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place seam side down on the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown. Cool slightly and serve with additional caramel for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g