BLT Dip is a no-bake appetizer with a cream cheese base, fresh tomatoes, green onions, crispy bacon and cheddar cheese. This recipe is a huge hit at any potluck, BBQ, or game day during football season.
BLT DIP RECIPE
Somehow back when I worked for General Mills I was nicknamed the “Dip Queen”. I proudly carried the nickname around because I love, love, love any kind of dip because it’s noncommittal food that can be eaten while walking around a party.
I even made a Baked Creamy BLT Dip for Betty Crocker which was similar to this dip but obviously by the name has to be baked. I love hot dips, but when you think potluck and BBQ you want a recipe that doesn’t have to be babysat or kept cold or warm. Low maintenance dip recipes make it the perfect party dip.
Not only is this BLT Dip exactly that, it takes under 5 minutes to prepare. Sometimes dips that are named after something else don’t always taste like it. But this BLT Dip tastes like your favorite sandwich, a BLT – spot on.
WHAT IS IN BLT DIP?
Well you have your essential bacon, lettuce, and tomato with some green onions and cheddar cheese. For me, what really gives it the authentic flavors of an American classic BLT sandwich is a little bit of mayonnaise mixed in with the cream cheese.
Oh and served with toasted baguette slices which serves as your toasted bread in a favorite BLT sandwich. Ya’ll it’s good.
This can be made ahead of time but is best served the same day or the lettuce will get soggy. You can prepare the bottom cream cheese layer a day ahead of time and bring toppings in baggies if transporting somewhere. Then layer them on site.
OTHER EASY DIPS
- Hoagie Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
- Sesame Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- The Best Bean Dip
- Mediterranean 7-Layer Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped Romaine lettuce
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- toasted French bread, sliced baguette, tortilla chips, corn chips, or pita chips., (for dipping)
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese until blended well; spread into a large shallow dish. Layer with lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, onions and cheddar cheese. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with sliced baguettes, tortilla chips, corn chips, or pita chips.