Healthy recipes don’t come easy to me. I have a hard time finding healthy recipes that I enjoy and look forward to making.
I want healthy food to taste like In-n-Out Burger.
One night when we had a particularly healthy dinner, my son made a comment that he felt like he was eating air. What an innocent and pure way of putting it…
These Chicken Verde Wonton Tacos emerged out of a craving for Mexican food. I love green salsa and especially nestled up with some cheese. A little cheese never hurt anyone. I think it’s important to realize that we can still have the things we want if we just use a little. Putting it in a wonton wrapper instead of tortilla saves you a ton of calories. You can have four of these mini tacos for 191 calories. Now that’s what I’m talking about.
Just put a little of the chicken mixture in the center of each wonton.
Bring the opposite corners of the wonton together and with a little water stick them together.
In just 4-5 minutes you have a satisfying healthy snack, lunch, or dinner.
- 4 ounces cooked, shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup salsa verde
- 1 Tablespoon light sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
- ¼ cup reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
- 8 wonton wrappers (these can be found in the refrigerated produce section by the Asian products)
- (optional) 2 Tablespoons diced avocados (add 50 calories for this) and cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix the chicken, salsa, sour cream, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and green onions.
- Place the wonton wrappers on the baking sheet and place about 1 Tablespoon of the mixture on each wonton.
- Divide and sprinkle cheese evenly over the mixture on each wonton.
- Bring two of the opposing corners up and using a little water stick them together.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes or until wontons get crispy. Be careful because they will burn if you don't watch them.
- Top with cilantro and avocado if desired.