For some reason I can’t say that word without a Mexican accent and drawing out the middle of the word as long and obnoxiously as I can. Seriously, I did all the prep for these pork carnitas in under a minute. They were moist, spicy, and great snuggled in a warm tortilla with some pico de gallo, avocado, cheese, and a squeeze of lime. John loved the pork on a salad with some of the extra sauce that it had been cooking in all day. I loved these Easy Crockpot Pork Carnitas because it uses pork tenderloin which is leaner and healthier than a pork roast.
|You can’t see but this pork is super moist.|
|Easy Crockpot Pork Carnitas|| |
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1 (15-18 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa verde
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 white onion, chopped in large pieces
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Place all of the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork easily forks apart. Serve buffet-style with flour tortillas, cheese, cilantro, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream and a squeeze of lime. Make sure to get some of that yummy sauce the pork is in inside your tortilla. Add a side of Cilantro Lime Rice and black beans.
- Trying to eat healthy? Make it into a salad by placing the pork on top of some lettuce with pico de gallo and a squeeze of lime.