I have been on the hunt for a light summer dessert and this was perfect. It’s a looker but also tastes fantastic.
|Fruit Pizza|| |
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) container marshmallow creme fluff
- Your favorite fruit to top it: I like using strawberries, blueberries, and kiwis.
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press dough flat into pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, soften cream cheese, beat until fluffy, then fold in marshmallow creme. Spread over cooled crust. You can chill for a while at this point, or continue by arranging the fruit.
- Begin with sliced strawberries. Arrange in a circle around the outside edge. Continue with fruit of your choice, working towards the middle. Then make the sauce to spoon over fruit.
- For the glaze: In a saucepan, combine sugar, salt, corn starch, orange juice, lemon juice and water. Cook and stir over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, and add grated orange rind. Allow to cool, but not set up. Spoon over fruit. Chill for two hours, then cut into wedges and serve.