Ham and Cheese Sliders
Ham and Cheese Sliders are an easy recipe and crowd pleasing cheese sandwiches great for dinner, lunch, or potlucks. Layers of ham and melted Swiss cheese on soft Hawaiian rolls with a poppy seed butter sauce. For these Ham and Swiss Sliders you can use Hawaiian sweet rolls or any rolls you like.
HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS RECIPE
I know what you are thinking…ham and swiss sliders; does that really require a recipe? The answer is YES it does.
These have so much flavor. Sure you have your classic hot ham slider recipes as the base of the recipe but then you top it with a flavorful poppy seed sauce.
The butter mixture is a combo of Worcestershire sauce, onion, mustard, and butter that makes these anything but ordinary.
These are great party food because they can be made ahead and are kid friendly because they are small and familiar. What better way to use up leftover ham and perfect for game day.
My son hates mustard but couldn’t taste the little bit of mustard in the sauce. You could use Dijon mustard or even honey mustard for a little more mild flavor.
I don’t know about you but sometimes I just want to cook something that I know my kids will eat without complaining about it.
This definitely would qualify for a “No Cooking” Friday meal because it’s so easy.
WHAT KIND OF BREAD SHOULD I USE?
The most popular bread to use for these are Kings Hawaiian ham sweet rolls. Slider buns are a bit smaller than regular rolls so you may need less ingredients or you can simply make more sandwiches. These are great as an appetizer or make it a meal.
Other brands of individual sliders are a bit bigger.
DO I HAVE TO USE POPPY SEEDS?
These are great as an appetizer or make it a meal. You can definitely make these easy Ham Sliders with or without poppy seeds on top of the rolls because sometimes they can scare little kids.
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEESE?
Yes. You can use any cheese you have on hand like cheddar, Colby Jack, Havarti, or Provolone. Swiss cheese has a nice pairing with ham though.
OTHER HAM RECIPES:
- Ham and Swiss Stromboli
- Cuban Sliders
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Enchiladas
- One-Pan Ham and Cheese Rice
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Ham and Cheddar Cheese Ball
- Creamy Ham and Potato Soup
- Breakfast Pizzas
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 24 white dinner rolls or slider rolls, sweet Hawaiian rolls work well here
- 24 honey ham slices
- 24 small slices Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup miracle whip
Poppy seed sauce:
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice rolls lengthwise with a large serrated knife.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss on the bottom half of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour melted butter evenly over all of the sandwiches. You do not have to use all of the sauce! Just use enough to cover the tops. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until cheese melts. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops of the rolls are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm. Note: Sandwiches can be assembled ahead of time. I don't like to do it more than a day ahead because they can get soggy from the mayo mixture. Store leftovers in an airtight container.