Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oreos
These Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oreos have a bright strawberry flavor with dots of chocolate throughout that are reminiscent of a chocolate covered strawberry. The center is filled with a cream cheese frosting that makes these cookies a real treat.
Did you guys enjoy the Super Bowl? It was one of the most entertaining games and halftime shows I’ve seen in a while.
Although my team didn’t make it to the big game, I respect the level of talent it takes for any team to get there.
I originally planned to have a little party but ended up with some sick kids so I opted out. And how do you know that you’re a food blogger?
These Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oreos are a twist on my Homemade Oreos. I had a strawberry cake mix and thought the flavors would work well together.
The little tastes of chocolate chips with the strawberry reminds me of a chocolate covered strawberry.
The cookies are chewy and soft and bursting with strawberry favor. For the center I used my go-to cream cheese frosting and it gave them that strawberries ‘n cream flavor.
I rolled some of them in sprinkles and loved how they turned out.
It stars with a strawberry cake mix. I didn’t add any food coloring to the batter but if you wanted them super pink you could add some food coloring.
Add some oil, eggs, and enough chocolate chips to make you happy. For me, that was about 1 cup. Then you want to bake just until they’re barely done. These aren’t as pretty with then have touches of brown on top.
Then you’re going to generously frost one side of the cookie and top it with the other. If you want to roll them in sprinkles here I won’t be mad at you.
Chill them until serving and let them sit out a bit before serving. No one likes hard chocolate chips. Or do they?
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oreos
- 1 (16.5-oz) strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (optional) sprinkles for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil with a mixer. Fold in the chocolate chips. The batter will be stiff.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. The cookies will spread while baking.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Do not overbake. If you overbake them they will brown and the pretty pink color will go away. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and butter until completely blended. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until the frosting is smooth. Spread half of the cookies with icing and top with remaining cookies. Roll in sprinkles if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or resealable plastic bags. I like to serve mine cold but sitting at room temperature for a while.
- Makes about 18-24 cookies depending how big you make your cookies.
Source: adapted from my Homemade Oreos