Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
Strawberry Cheesecake Dip is a deconstructed version of a strawberry cheesecake. Fresh whipped cream is folded into a strawberry cream cheese mixture. Graham crackers give the crust taste and are perfect for dipping!
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE DIP
We are in full summer swing over here. One of my favorite sounds, I know this may sound weird, is the whine of the hose in the backyard.
You know…when you’re inside the house and someone is using the hose in the backyard and it has this distinctive whining noise?
It just brings me back to my childhood. Filling water balloons and jumping on the trampoline in 120 degree weather.
We’ve gone through approximately 456,397 water balloons in the first week of summer. Hours of fun in our backyard. It never gets old.
This strawberry cheesecake dip came to me one Sunday afternoon. Sweetened cream cheese with fresh strawberries and whipped cream…yes!!
When you use a graham cracker to dip into it you have the full flavor spectrum of an actual strawberry cheesecake. So simple, so fresh, and so tasty!
OTHER STRAWBERRY RECIPES
- Strawberry Slab Pie
- Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcake
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- No-Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, , softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed strawberries, (about 3/4 cup whole)
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries
- graham crackers for dipping
- For the Whipped Cream: Place cream and 1/3 cup powdered sugar in a chilled mixing bowl and mix on high for 1-2 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat for an additional 1-2 minutes or until soft peaks have formed. Yields about 2 cups. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar until smooth.
- Blend in the 1/2 cup mashed strawberries (just the strawberries - don't add the juice caused by mashing them).
- Fold in the whipped cream and 3/4 cup diced strawberries.
- Serve with graham crackers.
You can use Cool Whip as a substitute for the whipped cream but I prefer the taste of fresh whipped cream.
I would like to make this at thanksgiving with pumpkin and serve with cannoli chips. How much pumpkin should be used to substitute for the strawberries?
I haven’t tried it so I can’t be sure. You might like this dip. https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/pumpkin-fluff-dip/
If using cool whip, how much would you add?
The fresh cream yields 2 cups so I would use 2 cups of cool whip
My sister in law used to make a similar dip, an we ate it with fresh strawberries, green apples, and cantaloupe. It was delicious.
How much cream do you use for whipped cream?
The recipe calls for 1 cup of heavy cream.
Do you think this could be frozen and thawed out to serve later?
Yes, you could!
This 12/10! It is fabulous. I think I ate 1/3 of it with a spoon before taking it to my event. Thank you for another amazing recipe!
Haha that means it was good!
How many does this serve i’m having a food day for 14 and I don’t know how much I should make
It depends on the size of your strawberries
In winter could you use frozen strawberries ?
This dip is amazing! Simple to make and absolutely delicious!!!
If I am serving a party of 30, do you know how much cheesecake dip I should make?
I made this today for my daughter’s birthday and everyone loved it! I served it with graham crackers and some pretzels for the salty sweet combo. Thanks for the recipe!
Ooh yummy! Pretzels are a great option.
I made this last week. It was super easy, delicious & a crowd pleaser. Thanks for the recipe!
That makes me so happy. Thank you!
What an easy & refreshing summer snack! I’m all about strawberries right now, so I love this!
water balloons!! Need to add that to our summer bucket list!
This sounds incredible! I need to try this!