Vegetable Orzo Salad
Vegetable Orzo Salad has a rainbow of fresh vegetables with cooked orzo tossed in a light lemon dressing. This is perfect for summer BBQs!
RAINBOW PASTA SALAD
This pasta salad is light and refreshing with all of the colors of the rainbow (well except blue).
The salad is tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette which makes it easy to store and to take to potlucks.
- ORZO – Any short pasta will work here but I like orzo because it doesn’t overpower the dish.
- CORN – I like to grill my corn or char it on a gas stove for a few minutes to give it extra flavor
- CUCUMBER – I like to use a hothouse cucumber because you can leave the skin on for extra color.
- BELL PEPPERS – Use any color you like.
- TOMATOES – These always add a pop of freshness.
- JALAPENO – A little jalapeno can add some kick. Feel free to leave it out.
- RED ONION – Add some tang and color.
- PARSLEY – Adds freshness.
- LEMON – A citrus pop of freshness.
- OLIVE OIL – makes for a light dressing.
This is a great recipe when you want to keep things on the light side.
Vegetable Orzo Salad
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 cup hothouse cucumber, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, (about 3 ears, cooked or grilled)
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced, (any color)
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the orzo according to package directions. Cool.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad and toss well. Chill until serving.
This salad is delicious! It’s so fresh tasting and light! Thank you!
This salad is delicious! I only put 1/4C red onion and it was just right for my family.
I will definitely make it often. Thanks for a great recipe!
This salad is exactly what I was looking for to bring to an upcoming pool party ~ and I didn’t even know it until I saw it! Thank you so much for sharing!