Mini Chicken Cheesesteaks
These Mini Chicken Cheesesteaks have peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cheese but are made with chicken!
MINI CHICKEN CHEESESTEAKS
A part of being married is learning to love what your other half loves. Or at least try. Whether it’s basketball, Storage Wars, or Philly cheesesteaks. I don’t think I ever had a Philly cheesesteak before I was married
but ever since I’ve had a whole lot of them. When we go to a restaurant I can almost predict that my husband will order a Philly cheesesteak or something Buffalo flavored, which is why I also have so many Buffalo recipes on this blog.
But since marriage is also about compromise, I made a more girly version of the Philly classic. These chicken cheesesteaks still have peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cheese but use chicken which I always have on hand.
I’m embarrassed to say that I ate two of these for lunch and three for dinner. It wasn’t my finest moment.
Slice some mini hoagies or Cuban rolls and spread some butter on them and toast them for a couple of minutes.
After you’ve toasted them spread some garlic mayo on top generously.
Pile your chicken mixture on top.
Add some sliced Provolone or Mozzarella on top.
Melt the cheese and sprinkle some garlic salt on top. This adds a lot of flavor.
OTHER SANDWICH RECIPES
- Sheet Pan Philly Cheesesteak
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Mini Chicken Cheesesteaks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly (or 2 small) (see Note)
- 1/2 white onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, sliced thinly
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 mini hoagie rolls, split
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- 6 ounces sliced Provolone or Mozzarella cheese
- garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Add the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms and cook for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is done and veggies are soft. Set aside.
- Brush the inside of the rolls with melted butter and toast for about 3 minutes.
- While rolls are toasting combine garlic and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Remove rolls from oven and spread mayonnaise mixture on the inside of the rolls.
- Spoon chicken and veggie mixture on one side of each roll and top with sliced cheese.
- Return hoagies to the oven for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with garlic salt and enjoy!
Where do you find “mini” hoagies?! Adorable! I love cute food. 🙂
My bakery just had them. (Publix)
Oh my. These are delicious! Thanks for the wonderful recipe! I’m always looking for foods my whole family will have fun with.
These look delicious and I’m sure my cheesesteak loving husband would love them too!
Adding this to my arsenal…..it looks so good!! Just have to say I LOVE your blog!!! I just started following it a couple days ago and have already saved 31 (yup I counted) recipes off it!!
What a wonderful little sandwich, little bundles of yumminess!
I can definitely see myself chowing down on these for the weekend get together.
Lucky me that my hubby and friends are not hard to please.
All I need to buy are the mushrooms and hoagie rolls and Saturday’s all taken care of.
Thank you for another winner idea! 🙂
These look DELICIOUS. Going on our next meal plan!
Love this idea. I started a community “Sliders” board on Pinterest. Pinning this one.
Yum! Love chicken cheese steaks and yours look incredible!!!
Yummy! and a keeper recipe. 😀
Those look great! I’ll have to try them soon and see how my husband likes them.
It’s a Denney thing, before I married brett I never ate buffalo wings or anything buffalo flavored, or cheesesteaks. Then they took me to their favorite cheesesteak place in Denver and now I’m a fan. I like the girly version:)
OMG these are a GREAT idea!! LOVE THIS
I love love love love Philly cheesesteaks! I can’t wait to try this version!
Love this recipe! Looks so yummy!