Sheet Pan Philly Cheesesteak
Sheet Pan Philly Cheesesteak is a one-pan, sheet pan dinner recipe. Made from simple ingredients like ground beef, onions, bell peppers, and cheese. This isn’t an authentic philly cheesesteak with ribeye steak but an easier version with ingredients one has on hand. This is one of those 30-minute meals you’ll keep going back to.
SHEET PAN PHILLY CHEESESTEAK
My husband loves cheesesteak sandwiches. The best cheesesteaks are in South philly and Geno’s Steaks takes the credit for adding melted cheese, Cheez Whiz to be exact, to their philly cheese steaks.
This version is made from what I usually have on hand which is ground beef not shaved steak. Make sure you eat it on buttered and toasted hoagie rolls to get the full experience.
This recipe is from my new cookbook Scrumptious which has tons of easy one-pan and sheet pan recipes to get dinner on the table. In full disclosure, I usually fix this with peppers on half of it, for my kids who don’t like peppers.
- ground beef – a classic philly cheesesteak is made with shaved flank steak or ribeye but who has that on hand? Ground beef is a much more convenient option.
- bell peppers – I love the colors of red, yellow, orange, and green but you can use any color.
- onions – sweet yellow onion is what I like.
- mushrooms – white buttom mushrooms are what I use here.
- cream cheese
- steak seasoning
- Provolone cheese – you can use mozarella in a pinch but any melty cheese will do.
- toasted rolls – the ultimate experience is on buttered and toasted rolls with mayo and some garlic salt. Cut in half with a sharp knife.
To make this Keto, just eat without the toasted roll or there are plenty of Keto bread options.
OTHER ONE-PAN DINNERS
- Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice
- One-Pan Chicken Tortilla Bake
- One-Pan Chicken Fajita Rice
- Italian Sausage and Peppers
- One-Pot Sausage Broccoli Pasta
- One-Pan Tomato Basil Chicken Quinoa
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet
- One-Pan Chicken Spinach and Orzo
- One-Pan Creamy Zucchini Pasta
Sheet Pan Philly Cheesesteak
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
- 6 ounces cream cheese, (softened)
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced white button mushrooms
- 3 cups sliced bell peppers, (green, red, or yellow)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 ounces sliced or shredded Provolone cheese
- Sliced rolls for serving
- butter and garlic salt for rolls
- Mayonnaise for rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a sheet pan 15 x 10 x 2 inch with cooking spray or line with foil.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium-high heat until browned. Drain. Add the cream cheese, steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium heat or until cream cheese is melted and combined. You can add a little milk or cream if you want it thinner. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread beef mixture on sheet pan.
- Wipe out skillet (or use a separate pan while the beef is cooking) and heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion cooking until veggies are soft, adding more olive oil if needed. Spread veggies on top of beef mixture. Top veggies mixture with Provolone cheese and bake in the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately on sliced rolls that have been buttered and toasted (with a sprinkle of garlic salt optional) with mayonnaise if desired.