Monte Crísto Sandwiches
If you’ve ever been to Disney and indulged in one of their Monte Crísto Sandwiches, you know how sweet that memory is! These Monte Crísto Sliders will take you back to that happy place or, if you’ve never tried one, create a new happy memory in your very own home. Perfect for Spring, serve these sliders for Easter brunch or as part of a Mother’s Day Breakfast.
Thank you Crystal from Dangerously Delicious for sharing these Monte Crísto Sandwiches!
MONTE CRISTO SANDWICHES
I know the original Monte Crísto at Disney serves their sandwich with a side of raspberry preserve, but it’s SO delicious with a little baked into the sandwich! You could always serve with a side of preserve for anyone who wanted a little extra. I really think the raspberry flavor sends this sandwich over the top. Don’t even think about making these sandwiches without it! I bet you can’t eat just one!
Start by buying Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and slicing them in half. I tore each little roll apart, but you could leave them as a sheet and just cut them into individual sandwiches after they’re baked. Which ever is easiest for you.
Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced honey ham
- 1/2 lb sliced Provolone cheese
- 1/2 lb sliced White American Cheese
- raspberry preserve
- 1 12- pack Original KIng's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 stick of salted butter, melted
- 2 T sugar
- 1 heaping T flour
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice rolls open and place bottom of rolls in baking dish. Fold 1 thin slice of turkey and 1 thin slice of ham onto each sandwich. Top with 1/2 slice of Provolone and 1/4 slice of American cheese. (more if desired) Spoon raspberry preserve on top of cheese and top with other side of roll.
- On stove top, melt 1 stick of salted butter. Add sugar and flour and whisk until sugar is melted. Brush on top of sandwiches, covering entire top of sandwich. Bake uncovered for 8-10 minutes. Serve warm with powdered sugar dusted in top.