Jalapeno Popper Chicken
JALAPENO POPPER CHICKEN
It’s a crazy time right now with all of us in our houses on quarantine. I really hope these days are behind us soon. It’s been a reset for everyone. Back to family time without distractions. I think we’re all a little more conscience of our usage of everything.
That’s how this recipe came about. I had some jalapenos left over from this Creamy Tomatillo Dressing I made for a church activity. Since we are trying to use every single ingredient in our fridge before it goes bad I thought of this chicken. I have about ten Jalapeno Popper recipes on this blog and have been wanting to make a chicken version for a while.
HOW SPICY IS THIS?
Interesting enough, it’s not as spicy as you would think. When jalapenos are cooked they lose some of their kick. Don’t get me wrong, every once in a while I will get a pepper that is crazy spicy.
CAN I USE CANNED JALAPENOS?
Yes. Canned jalapenos are a great option here! Use a 4 ounce can of diced jalapenos to substitute.
HOW TO MAKE JALAPENO POPPER CHICKEN
You can have this dinner in the oven in less than ten minutes (if your bacon is already cooked).
- Layer your chicken in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the diced jalapenos on top.
- Add some shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add some crumbled bacon on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.
OTHER JALAPENO RECIPES:
- Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
- Pico De Gallo
- Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sliders
- Chile Relleno Flautas
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 1.5 - 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (slice in half lengthwise if thick)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (about 6 slices)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or mix of cheddar)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Layer chicken in a single layer in the baking dish. Season well with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese, milk or cream, and garlic powder. If not room temperature enough microwave until able to stir together. Spread mixture evenly over chicken.
Sprinkle jalapeno peppers, bacon, and cheese on top.
Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove foil for the last 5 minutes of baking to melt cheese.