Dill Pickle Chicken Salad
Dill Pickle Chicken Salad made with chicken, celery, crunchy pickles, celery, mayonnaise, green onions and a little pickle juice. You can eat this as a sandwich or for a low-carb and make a Keto chicken salad by eating it in lettuce wraps or by itself.
DILL PICKLE CHICKEN RECIPE
I know, I know. I already have other Chicken Salad recipes on this site but this dill pickle version has crunchy pickles with plenty of dill flavor that you will find surprisingly addicting.
I started with my classic chicken salad recipe and added a few wonderful additions to make this salad for pickle lovers! A great recipe to make with leftover shredded chicken for weekday lunches.
Not all pickles are created equal. I like to use Vlasic dill pickles because I like the flavor of the pickle brine the best. The extra pickle juice is used in the recipe. You don’t want to use sweet relish here. The savory flavor tastes much better here.
Recipes with mayonnaise are not great for freezing because when they thaw the mayonnaise separates. I would not recommend freezing this recipe.
This will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days.
You can eat this as a sandwich on some good bread or on large croissants. Another option is to eat it with a fork, fresh cucumbers, or in lettuce wraps. We serve this with fruit or salty potato chips.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHICKEN SALAD:
- You can replace the mayo with mashed avocado and sour cream for a different version.
- Reduce the calories by using Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise.
- You can cook your own chicken breasts or thighs in the crockpot, then use an electric hand mixer to shred the chicken for this recipe.
- Use canned chicken in a pinch.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES:
- Keto Blueberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sliders
- Chicken Suiza Sammies
- Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sliders
- Layered Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Dill Pickle Chicken Salad
- 3 cups cooked chicken,, diced or shredded (I like to use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice (from the pickle jar)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, (do not use table salt or it will be too salty...start with a little and add more to taste)
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and combine well. The salt will need about 30 minutes to dissolve. Add more salt if needed and add pepper to taste. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve on sliced bread or croissants. For a low-carb version serve as lettuce wraps or all alone.