I love when people send me recipes. As unhealthy as it may sound, food really does make me happy. Really good food puts me in a really good mood. So when people send me their stellar recipes, it makes my day.
I got an email from a reader, Amanda M., who said this Green Sauce was the bomb. I was a little confused at first. A sauce? Do I drizzle it over a burrito or eat it like a dip? Yes and yes. She said that there’s a restaurant in Texas, Casa Ole, that is known for the green sauce. Yet one more reason I was meant to be a Texan. It might look plain to the eye but it’s packed with flavor and makes a ton.
This green sauce is the perfect Tex-mex multitasker. Add it to your entree or dip your chips in it for a fun flavor kick.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles, undrained
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place all of the ingredients in the blender and process until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.
- Serve with chips. This is also a great topping for burritos, tacos, and enchiladas.
Source: From reader Amanda M.