Baked Brie recipe might be one of my all time favorite appetizers. There are layers of flaky pastry dough, brie cheese, brown sugar, and cinnamon pecans in this Baked Brie appetizer.
I have such vivid memories of this Baked Brie. It involves my sisters and I have hovered around the island in their kitchens devouring it! Usually this is an appetizer for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter in our families.
My love for Brie goes back to French class in high school where we were treated to several French cheeses. I always gravitated towards the Brie.
I have Bible study every Wednesday. I always do Pilates on Wednesdays then go to Bible study and eat half a wheel of brie. Does Pilates. Eats wheel of brie. That should be my tag line.
So yeah, I’ll eat brie by itself but this baked brie combo is dynamite. Brown Sugar, cinnamon pecans, folded up with a flaky puff pastry and gooey Brie.
HOW DO I MAKE BAKED BRIE?
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Defrost puff pastry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes by laying it out at room temperature. Once it has defrosted, unfold it.
Then in a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Saute the pecans in the butter until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Add the cinnamon and stir until pecans are coated well.
Next, place the pecan mixture on top of the Brie and sprinkle the brown sugar over the mixture. Lay the puff pastry out on a flat surface. Place the brie in the center of the pastry. Gather up the edges of the puff pastry, pressing around the brie and gather at the top. Fold and pinch the edges together so it doesn’t come open. Brush the beaten egg over top and side of Brie.
Place Brie on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
Serve with crackers and fruit like sliced apples and strawberries.
CAN THIS BAKED BRIE BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes. There are two ways to make this baked brie ahead of time:
- Bake as directed then refrigerate until time to eat. Bake for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees to reheat the baked brie or microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare Bake Brie until step 3 (before you bake) and then refrigerate until time to bake.
WHERE DO I FIND BRIE CHEESE?
Brie cheese is a soft cheese that can be found in the deli section of your grocery store.
WHAT SIZE WHEEL OF BRIE DO I USE?
The recipe calls for a wheel of Brie 8-14 ounces. It doesn’t really matter how big it is and in my opinion, the bigger the better.
CAN YOU EAT THE RIND OF BRIE CHEESE?
Yes. Some people don’t prefer eating the rind of the cheese. If this is the case for you, you can gently scrape it off before using it in this recipe. I personally like it and leave it on.
OTHER CHEESE RECIPES:
- Hawaiian Cheese Ball
- Cranberry and Pecan Brie En Croute
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
- Cheesy Baked Eggs
- Cheesy Bean Salsa Chicken
- Peanut Butter “Cheese” Ball
- No-Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, (pre-packaged - usually they come two in a pack)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-14 ounce) wheel Brie
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Crackers and sliced apples for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Defrost puff pastry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes by laying it out at room temperature. Once it has defrosted, unfold it.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Saute the pecans in the butter until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Add the cinnamon and stir until pecans are coated well.
- Place the pecan mixture on top of the Brie and sprinkle the brown sugar over the mixture. Lay the puff pastry out on a flat surface. Place the brie in the center of the pastry. Gather up the edges of the puff pastry, pressing around the brie and gather at the top. Fold and pinch the edges together so it doesn’t come open. Brush the beaten egg over top and side of Brie.
- Place Brie on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with crackers and fruit like sliced apples and strawberries.
Confused! Do I gather the pastry? The Brie ? Assume it’s a typo
Hi there! This looks delicious. Will be making for a holiday appetizer but my niece is allergic to nuts. Do you have a recommendation for what I could replace the pecans with or should I just skip them altogether? We love Brie but don’t love it with jam so this sounds perfect! Thank you so much and happy holidays!
Just skip them
Do you bake on parchment paper?? N what kind of crackers do you suggest?
YEs. I bake on parchment. I like Ritz with it.
I made this as an appetizer for Thanksgiving along with a savory brie. Oh the raves I got! My brother-in-law sat next to it and didn’t move until it was gone. This recipe is so easy and so delicious. I am waiting for puff pastry to thaw right now so I can make one for a snack. Yum!
Seriously one of my faves.
Oops I accidentally bought pie crust dough- should I try it for book club tonight or just not make it?
I’ve never tried pie crust? I’m sure it could work?
My Brie wasn’t flowing out like the picture. I’m not sure why; any suggestions?
Maybe add some time to the baking time?
This looks great and I hope to try it next Thursday at my Norwex party.
Check out my blog http://raeganmirickfoodblog.blogspot.com/ 😉
This looks amazing!! Do you have to take the skin off the sides of the Brie before baking it?
It’s personal preference. Some people like the skin. I like to scrape it off.
Kroger has some pre made turkey burgers that are actually really good. They are pre skilled kroger label. I merely placed them in a skillet with a little water so they do not stick as well as cook them till they are brown. I was actually suprised at how good they were !!
I’m often not wild about the jelly people throw on top of brie, but I love brie and I love cinnamon, so this sounds terrific! I think I’d eat mine with a sliced pear…Yum!
Who doesn’t need luxorious treatment while on vacation? Lush appointments, five-star meals, & amazing activities are available on all the ships from [b][url=http://cruisescrysta1.blog.com/2010/08/01/elitecruisestravel-com-drift-away-on-the-crystal-serenity-2/]Crystal Cruises[/url][/b] and [b][url=http://cruisesoceania.bravejournal.com]Oceania Cruises[/url][/b]. [b][url=http://www.soulcast.com/7aucktours]Tauck Tours[/url][/b] boasts extraordinary vacations at 101 distinct destinations. When your family use Elite Cruise & Travel, you are able to rest assured that your holiday will be just what you expected.
Thanks for showing intrest, enjoy an amazing vacation.
I love this. It is best served warm but is okay at room temp too. I have used Ritz crackers to serve it with but I usually just eat it with a fork.
The Girl Who Ate Everything
I’m so excited to try this for a book club. Can you tell me if it needs to be served warm? Or what kind of crackers you suggest using with it?
Christie, I love this blog! I check it out everyday and the links! Keep up the great recipes you are doing such a great job! :)N