Gooey Coconut Chex
Gooey Chex Mix is chewy, crunchy, salty, sweet and totally addicting! Some people call this Christmas Crack.
GOOEY CHEX MIX
I actually have a version of this in my old cookbook from 2014. This version is a little improved and definitely hard to stop eating.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE
- It’s fast to make. You can have a batch ready in 20 minutes start to finish.
- Everyone loves it. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser.
INGREDIENTS IN GOOEY CHEX MIX
- Rice or Corn Chex mix – you can do a mix or use all of one cereal.
- Golden Grahams
- Shredded coconut – I like to chop it up in the food processor so the texture is finer.
- Sliced almonds – you can leave these out but trust me they’re good.
- Corn syrup
- Baking soda
OTHER SNACK RECIPES
Gooey Chex Mix
- 6 cups Chex cereal (Rice or Corn Chex)
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut , (chopped - see note)
- 1 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a very large bowl, add the Chex and Grahams cereal, coconut, and almonds and stir together.
- Microwave version: In a large microwave safe bowl, add the butter, sugar, and corn syrup. Microwave for 5 minutes stirring halfway. Remove and stir well. Microwave for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and baking soda.Stovetop version: In a large saucepan, bring the butter, sugar, and corn syrup to a boil then start the timer and cook for 4 1/2 minutes at a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
- Immediately pour the sugar mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until very well combined. Spread onto the prepared baking dish and let cool. Break into pieces and enjoy.