Rolo Pretzels are fun sweet treats and salty dessert to make with your kids and great for Christmas treats. The best part is all you need for these are 3 simple ingredients! These easy turtles are made with crunchy pretzels, chocolate rolo candies, and pecans or M&Ms.
ROLO PRETZEL TURTLES
My friend Lindsay gave these to me and although I have seen them before I underestimated their yumminess.
Even though everyone has these Rolo Pretzel Bites on their Christmas plates, I never get tired of eating them because they’re that good.
The buttery, salty pretzels with the chewy sweet caramel is divine. I loved them so much that I made them with my boys today.
I let them put M&Ms on top but for adults salty crunchy pecans makes these taste just like a turtle. This is one of the easiest recipes and a fun activity to do with your kids and takes less than 5 minutes.
I had to give them to my neighbors immediately so I didn’t eat them all.
VARIATIONS ON THIS RECIPE
Make these easy pretzel treats your own! My kids don’t love the pecans but go crazy for the M&Ms and you can use red and green M&Ms for the holiday season.
- Hershey Kiss: Use a Hershey kiss instead of Rolo for Christmas Rolo pretzels. The white and black striped Hershey Hugs are really cute. During Christmas time they have a red and white striped Hershey kiss as well.
- Peanut Butter version – Use a mini peanut butter cup instead of a Rolo for a peanut butter delight!
OTHER CHRISTMAS RECIPES:
- Grinch Heart Christmas Cookies
- Cherry Kiss Cookies
- Pistachio Cherry Meltaways
- Christmas Tree “Cheese” Ball
- Soft Eggnog Cookies
- Sugar Cookie
- Peppermint Eggnog Punch
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle
- Soft Molasses Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Cranberry and Feta Pinwheels
- North Pole Cupcakes
- Eggnog Eclair Cake
- Santa Claus Cookies
Rolo Pretzel Bites
- Bag of mini pretzels, (original, square pretzels, or if you are lucky you can find the mini star pretzels)
- Bag of Rolos, unwrapped
- Pecan Halves
- M&Ms, Hersheys kissables, (optional for kids)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pretzels on an ungreased sheet pan. Place unwrapped Rolos in a single layer on top of each pretzel and bake for 3-5 minutes. You don't want them too melted. Remove from oven and push pecan half (or candy) halfway down on top of each Rolo. Store leftovers in an airtight container.