Cake Batter Muddy Buddies
Cake Batter Muddy Buddies are fun to make with the kids and even easier to eat! It’s Rice or Corn Chex covered in almond bark and tossed in powdered sugar, sprinkles, and cake mix.
CAKE BATTER MUDDY BUDDIES
I have a hard time saying no. You know when you’re at the grocery store checking out and they ask if you want to donate money to a charity, I can’t say no. Even though sometimes it’s my third trip to the store that day (I always seem to forget one thing on my list).
Although we donate through our church, I feel like I get a judgemental stare from the checker if I say no. Like as she’s scanning she’s subconsciously thinking, “Look at this girl, buying all these groceries and she can’t give $3 to those in need?” So, I just avoid it all together and say yes every time.
But it doesn’t stop there.
“Do you want to buy five boxes of Girl Scout cookies?” Yes.
“Will you watch my five kids for the weekend (when I’m nine months pregnant)?” Sure.
“Can you make 400 cookies for the school fundraiser?” No problem.
It’s like I literally can’t control the words from coming out of my mouth.
And honestly, I don’t mind saying yes half the time – especially the Girl Scout cookie part. But the other half, I probably need to take a moment and evaluate what’s realistic and what will make me lose my every lovin’ mind.
I really tried not to make these cake batter muddy buddies.
I really wanted to say NO to these.
Last time I spent all day in the kitchen coming up with something cake batter flavored – these Cake Batter Truffles, I earned myself a month in the gym and was literally sick from taste testing trying to get it all just right. I knew these Cake Batter Muddy Buddies would be just as addicting.
I couldn’t stop thinking about how I needed these. Yes, I’m glad I did. Yes, because they really are fabulous.
My grocery store only sells Almond bark around Christmas, but both Target and Walmart had it by their chocolate chips. You’ll want to add the sprinkles here when you add your almond bark so they stick to the cereal.
My only issue with this recipe was that I had a TON of cake mix/powdered sugar left over. So the only logical thing was to make another batch. I adjusted the measurements in the recipe below for one batch. But just in case you want to double it, one box of Rice Chex happens to be just enough for a double batch.
WHERE DO I GET ALMOND BARK?
CAN I DOUBLE THIS?
OTHER CAKE MIX RECIPES
- Cake Mix Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
- Cake Batter Blondies
- Carrot Cake
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oreos
- Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies
Cake Batter Muddy Buddies
- 5 cups Rice or Corn Chex cereal
- 10 ounces vanilla flavored Almond Bark or vanilla candy coating (like CandiQuik found at Walmart and Target)
- 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- colored sprinkles
- Pour 5 cups of Chex Cereal into a large bowl.
- Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions.
- Pour Almond Bark over cereal, stirring and folding until the cereal is completely covered. Generously shake sprinkles over mixture and fold them in as well. so they stick to the Almond Bark.
- In a large bag or covered container such as Tupperware, put cake mix and powdered sugar and shake to mix evenly.
- Pour the Almond Bark covered cereal into the large bag or container containing cake mix and powdered sugar. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.
- Discard excess powder and enjoy!