Growing up my mother’s closet was always this living organism that had a life of its own. It was either clean as a whistle or so packed with stuff you could hardly get your foot in the door.
Clothes, gifts, food,…you name it, it was in there.
The closet was always on her back burner so if she had time (which having 10 kids hardly allows), she would get to organizing it.
It was her Mount Everest, both symbolically and literally when the piles got out of control.
We all knew she hid chocolate in there so we would often take on the quest to find it but would never come out victorious.
It must be inherited because I have the same struggle with my closet. I just can’t get a handle on it.
And yes, I also have chocolate in mine. I purge it every couple of months so I’m not sure how there’s anything left in there.
Last week I was having a “Does it spark joy?” episode and donated about 30 skirts to Goodwill.
I know that makes me sound like a clothes hoarder…because I am. I still have clothes from high school.
So I know this Crunchy Pea Salad sounds totally crazy and weird but I had to try it after it got rave reviews online.
Peas…I don’t hate them, but I can definitely leave them. The saltiness of the bacon, the crunch of the celery and nuts, the freshness of the peas, and the bite of the onion all work together.
It’s a pleasant surprise. Take my word on this Crunchy Pea Salad! Believe it or not this is best when you toss it together with the frozen peas. Let them thaw slightly before serving but extra cold makes it extra good!
HOW TO MAKE PEA SALAD
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and salad dressing and toss with salad. Refrigerate until serving.
HOW FAR AHEAD CAN YOU MAKE THIS
You can make this up to three days ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. To keep the bacon crispy, store separately and toss in before serving.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Frito Corn Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad
- Avocado Cucumber Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- 2-1/2 cups frozen peas, (about 13 ounces)
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 bacon strips, , cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and salad dressing and toss with salad. Refrigerate until serving. If making ahead of time, don't add the bacon. Store separately and toss in before serving to keep crispy.
I really like this when the peas are almost still frozen! Sounds crazy but it gives it extra crunch. I always wait to add the bacon until right before serving because I like it crunchy.
Source: Taste of Home
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g