Chicken Ranch Bacon Taco Boats
These Chicken Ranch Bacon Taco Boats are crowd pleasers. Everyone in the family will love these tacos for dinner not to mention Cinco De Mayo is right around the corner!
CHICKEN RANCH BACON TACO BOATS
Let’s break it down. Chicken – check; ranch – check; bacon – check; and tacos – check. So pretty much anything a kid (or adult) would ever want to eat in one taco. I think we have a dinner that everyone will love.
Since I live with five kids (okay they’re mine), I have a test audience built in conveniently to try out new recipes. What do you think the verdict was? Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
Fill your Old El Paso Taco Boats with some cooked and cubed chicken that has been tossed with ranch dressing.
Sprinkle them generously with cheddar cheese. I like to place them in the oven to melt the cheese all at one time. If you don’t want to turn on the oven, just heat them in the microwave. And of course some bacon!! Then finish them off with some green onions. Except for the 2-year-old’s taco – you’ll want to leave the green onions off unless you want to hear screaming.
One trick I do is to cook a large batch of chicken at the beginning of the week so that I’m not rushing on weeknights to get dinner on the table.
OTHER TACO RECIPES:
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Taco
- Barbacoa Tacos
- Salsa Verde Beef Tacos
- Green Chile Turkey Tacos
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Feta Cream
Chicken Ranch Bacon Taco Boats
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked and cubed chicken, (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 Old el Paso Taco Boats Soft flour tortillas
- 1 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until done. Drain on a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, ranch dressing, and garlic powder together. Place taco boats on a baking sheet. Divide evenly into the taco boats.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until chicken is warm and cheese is melted. If you don’t want to heat your oven, pop them in the microwave!
- Remove from oven and top with crumbled bacon and green onions. Enjoy!
I was compensated by Old El Paso for this post. All opinions are my own.
My family LOVED this!! & I loved it even more because it was so easy to make. I bought a rotisserie chicken and shredded it, fried some bacon, made homemade ranch and combined everything. So easy! So delicious! Definitely will be in the meal rotation at our house.
Thank you Sarah!
These look awesome! I am not a fan of tacos, but I can’t wait to try these! I’m assuming it’s the pre-made ranch dressing, not the powdered ranch, is that right?
Love the filling. I hadn’t seen these Taco Boats – love that all that tasty filling will stay inside!
They are great for kids!
love the ranch in the tacos!
I’d love to win…target is everything and by the looks of things, so is this recipe.
I have not seen these taco boats. Will have to give them a try.
I’d eat these up in a heartbeat! And so would my kids!
Can’t get over how badly I want to try these taco boats. Maximize the stuffing … yesssss!
What is this wonder called a taco boat? These look killer!
These look great!….Minus the bacon
Nice change of pace from the usual tacos. Thanks for the recipe!