Avocado Cucumber Salad
AVOCADO CUCUMBER SALAD
Is it bad that I’m over it? We eat pretty dang healthy in general but I don’t mind a treat here and there. So this all or nothing approach has me wanting to rebel and dive face first into a bowl of cookie dough.
You know how they say chocolate is a mood elevator? Well, avocados do the same thing for me.
As long as I can throw some avocado on top of an omelet, toast, or in a salad…I’m happy.
This cucumber salad is light, tangy and a beautiful monochromatic dish.
HOW TO PICK AN AVOCADO
OTHER SALAD RECIPES:
- Edamame Quinoa Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad
- Frito Corn Salad
- Crunchy Pea Salad
- Cowboy Caviar
- Guacamole Tossed Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- 2 cucumber, seeded and cubed, (see note)
- 2 firm but ripe avocados, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion , or sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, avocados, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, salt, pepper, lemon and lime juice. Pour over cucumbers and avocados.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.