I think I was the last person in the world to hear about the Pioneer woman and her cooking. She is hilarious. Check her link out on the right. One of her top recipes are these Apple Dumplings.
John loves apple desserts and loves Mountain Dew. Together = HEAVEN! This is definitely not for those on a diet. You might gain 10 pounds just from looking at the recipe.
There's a secret ingredient to these apple dumplings. It gives great flavor!
- 2 whole Granny Smith Apples
- 2 cans 8 Oz. Cans Crescent Rolls
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1-1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Cinnamon To Taste
- 1 can 12 Oz. Mountain Dew Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
- Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.
Source: Pioneer Woman