Chili’s Queso Dip
This is a copycat version of Chili’s Queso Dip which is one of my family’s favorites. Throw this Mexican dip together in the slow cooker or heat on the stove, either way it’s a quick crowd pleasing appetizer.
CHILI’S QUESO DIP
We don’t go out often with all five kids mainly because we aren’t masochists.
Until our kids get a little older there’s just no reason to take them out. I want them to appreciate going out – for it to be a special event that they don’t take for granted.
The one place we’ve started eating at recently is Chili’s mainly because they have little consoles that the kids can play games on at the table while you wait for your food.
I’m not going to lie, a little piece inside of me dies every time we go there because it means I’ve given up on having family conversations during mealtime and surrendered to technology.
But sometimes, it’s so worth it for a quiet meal. And we have plenty of family convos at home around our own dinner table.
My friend asked me to bring a queso dip and Pico De Gallo to a Mexican pool party and this is what I took. It has Velveeta. I realize I might get
some lots of hate mail for that but hey, if you don’t like it come back tomorrow for a different recipe.
We can still be friends. I will say this dip is spot on in my opinion. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser!
OTHER APPETIZER RECIPES:
- The Best Bean Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Hoagie Dip
- Cowboy Queso
- Beef Enchilada Dip
- Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups
- Easy Feta Dip
Chili's Queso Dip
- 16 oz . Velveeta Cheese
- 1 cup milk, (or half and half for an even creamier version)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-oz) can no-bean chili (like Hormel)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Cut Velveeta cheese into cubes. Add all ingredients to the slow cooker (can also be heated on the stove without a slow cooker). Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour.
- Stir together and keep on low until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Source: Creme De La Crumb