Buffalo Chicken Nachos
Buffalo Chicken Nachos with chicken, cheese, and nacho flavored chips!
These Buffalo Chicken Nachos are a great appetizer for game day!
BUFFALO CHICKEN NACHOS
Redemption. I made a horrible dinner the other night. I mean I would rather eat a shoe horrible. Usually I’m the last person to sit down at the table…grabbing condiments, cutting up food for the little minions, or taking garlic bread out of the oven. So when I sat down and actually took a bite of the dinner that I had not yet even taste tested, I was a little shocked at how blah it was.
I said to John with a plastered smile on my face and sugary inflexion to disguise my disgust, “This dinner is T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E.”
John said stalling, “Umm…”
And this is where being known as a man of few words has its benefits. And John, being the smart husband he is, learned ages ago that less is more when expressing your feelings about a not so good meal.
So we that we all sat there and choked down the second worst meal I have ever made. We had already threatened the kids that if they didn’t eat we would take away their Wii and hot tub privileges. So what consequences did I get if I didn’t eat? No more chocolate? No more Diet Dr. Pepper?
These Buffalo Chicken Nachos were all about proving that I still had it in me to make a meal that made my man happy. We had both been lusting after these nachos ever since we spotted them in a copy of Food Network magazine I bought for our flight to Hawaii. I was planning on waiting until March Madness to try these out but today is National Tortilla Chip Day so it seemed fitting.
|And just so you know after I took this picture I piled on way more blue cheese and celery.|
If you love these Buffalo Chicken Nachos, you’ll love these buffalo chicken recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 8 cups Ranch flavored tortilla chips (I used Cool Ranch Doritos)
- 4 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Frank's Buffalo Wing sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spread tortilla chips on a rimmed baking sheet or in a shallow dish.
- Bring wing sauce and 1/2 cup water to a simmer. Add shredded cooked chicken; heat through. Strain the chicken (reserving the sauce) and spread over ranch-flavored tortilla chips. Top with shredded cheddar.
- Bake in the upper third portion of the oven until cheese is melted for about 5-7 minutes. After nachos are baked top with blue cheese, chopped celery and the reserved wing sauce.
Note: All these measurements are approximate. As with any nachos, adjust ingredients to your personal preference.
Source: adapted from Food Network